Is Toshiba really a bad brand for laptop?

kathness

So my laptop's brand is Toshiba. I have the same unit with two of my classmates. I think at that time, that was one of their more popular units. After less than a year, both of their laptops broke down. And mine had a battery issue as well. So that's my question, is Toshiba really not a good brand? Thank you.

vpatella

Might be the model (cheap materials or just a black swan), might be a coincidence, but I personally wouldn't discount Toshiba as a brand. As far as I know they are still making quality products, I have seen reliable ones myself. Are you asking because you are looking at something in particular? I think a lot of buying new hardware comes down to research, not brands.

Fishbate

Toshiba is well known brand and if i'm not mistaken its a Japanese manufacturer. Although it doesn't mean that their products are all good, but the process and quality are based on manufacturing standards. So basically they run the same methods with other known brands. It just differs on the design and innovations of technology. There are certain factors why a laptop or a device broke down. Some factors are manufacturing defect, poor maintenance, external or auxiliary faults and environment factors.

These may be a lot to consider but its a fact because of the complex electronics hardware on every laptop.

Have a great day:coffee:!

Martinsx

I really wouldn't call Toshiba a bad company because they produce strong gadgets as far as I'm concerned. Most of the devices that I have used which are Toshiba products did lasted longer.

Maybe the issue with your laptop might be a factory problem. Try contacting the company to know what they would say about the issue.

Good luck.

Dracindo

Dracindo
It's like Trust, in my opinion. They also have a variety of nifty little gadgets at a cheap price and they do work most of the time. It's just that other brands are better on most accounts. They can last longer, have better quality on screen, pictures, and videos, sound might better, and so on.

It's good for when you really need a laptop but don't have the money yet, but decide to save up money for a few years, and when your Toshiba laptop breaks, you'd have saved enough money for a higher quality laptop.

Lazard

Honestly I cannot respond but you made me think. They are brands everybody talks about like Asus, Acer, Lenovo etc. but you rarely hear about brands like Toshiba.

Why is that ? Your question interest me too, I would like to know what is it worth, and why it is not much popular.

EfficientNinja

I personally try to stay away from Toshiba. My cousin also has a Toshiba laptop and its keyboard start to malfunction after just two years of usage. I know my cousin and she keeps everything she owns as clean as possible.

Aside from her, I fixed other friends' laptops that are also made by Toshiba.

Coincidence? I think not.

Reactions: kathness

kathness

kathness
I have the same issue with the keyboard. Some keys do not work and then after a while, it does work. It's too frustrating because I would need to use the on-screen keyboard. It's definitely a lot of hassle when you're doing typing reports or anything for that matter.

jaybee19

Well, for me Toshiba's a good brand tho. The laptop I'm using right now is a Toshiba and it's already 5 years but it's still working fine even though the battery's quite broken due to my irresponsible usage. I guess, it depends upon the user and I guess 'coincidence'. Well, maybe. But for me Toshiba's a good laptop brand and I like Toshiba because their laptops are fast and of high quality considering that the one I'm using right now is a model from I guess 2010 or 2011 or 2012 or I don't know but it was given to my older brother way back in 2013.

Trish23

I also have a toshiba laptop but aint using it for months now. My keyboard started malfunctioning and when i updated its windows, the laptop had lag problems and takes time opening. Im now using an acer laptop. It has higher memory storage and doesnt malfunction just like my old laptop.

amelia88

I had two Toshibas in the past, and both basically gave up after about 12-18 months...so I've got to agree with it. I vowed after those two occasions to never go back to Toshiba again. Right now I've got an ASUS and it's still going strong after a couple of years, so I'll probably stick with them in the future when I'm looking at upgrading as well.

Joey Mercado

So my laptop's brand is Toshiba. I have the same unit with two of my classmates. I think at that time, that was one of their more popular units. After less than a year, both of their laptops broke down. And mine had a battery issue as well. So that's my question, is Toshiba really not a good brand? Thank you.

Hello @kathness , thank you for this post, for my own opinion I cannot say that Toshiba is a bad brand for laptops, because my cousin own a netbook brand Toshiba for almost 6 years now, and for some function we can say that it is not so competitive with the leading brand and model as today but for some simple activity it is still working well, There are several ways why are laptops didn't last or reached the limit of lifespan as we expected we can say that it can be a man made like we overused it, we overcharge it, sometimes we haven't notice that we haven't take care of it. and the other reason was technical ones, we can say that the reason why we are experiencing the things is due to some parts and not good enough or lesser compare to others. So if you have time and decided to buy new laptop in the future you can visit my previous thread for the members preferred laptops,,

Hope it helps,, here is the link

https://smartphones.best/threads/best-laptop-brands.551/#post-4202

Thank you

kgord

I had a Toshiba laptop for awhile. I guess it lasted 4 or 5 years. I mean I didn't have any major problems with it, so as far as my personal knowledge I would not describe it as a bad brand.

Arnorth24

I've been using TOSHIBA laptop for years now. And I can guarantee that TOSHIBA is a great brand. I've been using my laptop for online work and when I was still attending school. Until now my laptop is still working and my niece is still using it. So I think TOSHIBA is really good in the short or in the long run. Thumbs up for TOSHIBA

Dracindo

Toshiba isn't a big brand here in Belgium. The big stores have them and they all quite good, but the other brands that offer so much more. I don't know the details, but other computer brands usually are better at things, like memory space, graphics, RAM, and so on. Toshiba is usually one of the cheaper brands though, and it can handle quite a lot, at quite a reasonable price. I'd recommend to people who just need a computer for their basic needs, such as mailing and using the internet, but not if you need the best of something. Gamers should aim for better than this.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views