What's the different between top end and bottom smartphone?

abrogard

what's the difference between a top end smartphone like maybe the apple iphone (I'm very ignorant, please make allowance for that) and a bottom end thing like (maybe?) the samsung J1?

I am trying to discover Is it a matter of features overall or quality of those features or practicality (like does it break easy, does it have enough working memory, does mem expand enough to use it in the field) - or what?

So I thought maybe a list of the differences from those who know might be good.

Generally. Not detailed exhaustive particulars.

Give an example of what I mean I'll make up a list off-the-cuff of the difference between high end and low end motor cars:

. power for moving uphill, towing etc.
. speed. attainable and maintainable.
. a few features like disk brakes maybe that are definitely good enhancements.
. general finish and quality of components (so they're maybe more reliable and lasting).
. lots of little fripperies (must haves?) like dvd's and whatnot.

Can anyone do something like that for me for phones?

Lazard

Yes of course, this is actually a very good question !
Here is my list :
  • The global look of the phone and the material used (cheap plastic / light metal)
  • The computing speed and the RAM capacity (How fast it is and how much you can do at the same time, basically)
  • The camera quality (in MegaPixels for the size of the picture, but take in account the lens size)
  • The OS and its functionalities (Apple and Android are great but Windows Phone often lacks popular application s)
  • The size, resolution and type of the screen (Is it 720x1280 LCD or 1080 *2048 AMOLED)
I'm sure there are a lot more but I think it's a good start, if you have any questions don't hesitate ;)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views