Google Chrome not connecting

Martinsx

I have been experiencing a hitch with using my Google Chrome browser recently, it keeps giving me the notification of "Bad Request".

What could be the cause of this problem?

I will upload a picture of the error message which I normally receive.

IMG_20180520_182112_195.JPG

Lazard

Check your firewall, maybe Chrome is blocked there ? It seems your query doesn't reach internet and stays "in your computer" for the server IP is 127.0.1.1 (A special IP directing to your own computer)

You seems to use Ubuntu ? Try opening a terminal and entering "ping smartphones.best" to see if you can access the Internet.

Martinsx

Martinsx
I have checked my firewall and everything seems to be working fine and chrome isn't blocked in it.

I really don't know the reason why this issue started because everything was going well. I have even updated the Chrome and it's still doing the same thing.

bernztein_22

Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This is the most basic troubleshooting step for browser issues. Try also to access sites using other browsers to determine if the issue is with chrome only.

Martinsx

Martinsx
It's just with my chrome browser that I'm experiencing the problem. Other browsers works just fine, UC browser and Opera mini is working fine. But I prefer using Google Chrome.

Let me try cleaning the browser's cache and cookies, it might be the reason for the problem.
Thanks.

Fishbate

I'm not familiar with Linux, but upon research i saw an article about some incompatibility issues of chrome from Ubuntu. It seems that that your not alone with this problem. This could be a set up issue you can try a fresh install and check some notes on installing it on Linux.

I found this instruction about installing Chrome on Ubuntu:
http://www.pontikis.net/blog/setup-google-chrome-on-ubuntu-16.04

I hope this helps:coffee:!

Martinsx

Martinsx
Alright. Thanks for this information, although I have already sorted out the problem. I had to uninstall the Chrome browser, update my firewall and scan my system before downloading and installing it again. Everything works fine now.

Racky18

Your not alone guys even me encounter the same problem Google chrome error or cannot find the page.but we can not blame the people from Google there are may be reasons that beyond Google control.Sometimes our anti hacking software block the access of Google Chrome (ISP) internet service provider had to do also.Why Google chrome fails to deliver,its either there network is over crowded or suffered heavy traffic meaning there are a lot of internet user logging inn and their system can not cope or accommodate the volume of its user.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views