Apple supports in recovering deleted data on iCloud

BillEssley

This feature was recently updated by Apple for iCloud. You can recover backup data that may or has been deleted within 30 days.
Apple allows this feature to get back those backup data before erasing them completely from the system.

To use, users go to icloud.com/#settings and follow the login steps.

Apple supports in recovering deleted data on iCloud 1.png

The option to restore files saved on iCloud appears in the Advanced section.

In the Advance section at the bottom of the page, select Restore Files, Restore Contacts, or Restore Calendars and Reminders. When clicked, a pop up message will come with a list of data according to the timeline.

Apple supports in recovering deleted data on iCloud 2.png

Files after restoration will return to iCloud and users can always manipulate.

To restore the file, select the Restore Files tab, then click the checkmark on the file to undo and click Restore File at the bottom. Users can restore documents that have been deleted in iCloud for the last 30 days. If they are over time, these files will be permanently deleted.

Apple supports in recovering deleted data on iCloud 3.png

Existing contacts will be backed up and replaced by a restore.

With contacts, calendars or reminders, data after restore will back up and sync to all user devices, including Mac, iPhone or iPad. The current data will be saved and replaced by the restored one.
New features on iCloud will be useful when a user accidentally deletes a contact, reminder or file. Help fix some bugs when a third-party application deletes data on iCloud or the information is corrupted.

ElGuapo96

Wait, i wasn't even aware that this option existed. So, basically you need to have an iCloud account and all the files updated there if you want to actually have an option to recover them in case something goes wrong?
I was just wondering, how safe is it to have everything stored over there? I'm afraid that someone might hack and just take all of your information or stuff in general.
It seems like a very cool feature, i am just a little bit worried about the safety on it. If you happen to have some more details on it i would really appreciate it :)

BillEssley

BillEssley
Of course, you need an iCloud account to backup files to it, it likes a cloud storage where you can backup your information there and restore them when needed.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
  • Deleted
  • Deleted by Admin
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.