Which do you prefer Youtube or TV channels?

Lazard

I don't use my TV anymore, I just plugged an Android Box in it allowing me to have Netflix and YouTube (and more).
I prefer Netflix because when you watch something, it last several hours. YouTube is more of a " occasional 20 minutes to spare" for me.
Do you watch Netflix ?

wallet

I prefer YouTube channels, I hate TV channels because all I see is depressing me, even the movies are not making me feel better. On YouTube I can watch all kind of funny videos, movies or listen to to music while I am working online!

Martinsx

Internet subscription is a very serious barrier for most of us here to rely on YouTube channel as a source of information and entertainment as well. Even some of network providers here would give a useless service that would make watching the YouTube channel very annoying.

So therefore, I'm more comfortable with TV channels. At least I always subscribe my DSTV and get all kinds of information from it as well as a means for relaxation and entertainment.

Racky18

Racky18
I still watch television for reasons like local news and local sport is feed first in our local television station.But after that i will watch Youtube everything there you can watch from documentary film,to engineering marvel,movies,live concert listen to music.you can also watch tutorial of every kind from playing musical instrument to cooking and gardening etc. Youtube really change the way we get entertained,people from around the world whose talent was discovered through Youtube became famous change their lives for the better.

Lost93

I prefer Youtube. Simply because I can watch what I want and when I want to. There are many good and interesting things to see and learn. I have no TV for several years. I have no need for TV, and there is nothing to see. There may be some good shows, but I can also look at Youtube.

Vinsanity

I think most of us here are into YouTube now. You cannot control what you watch in TV channels while in YouTube you can search everything you want no matter what genre it is.
I agree with everyone here that there is a variety and almost unlimited video clips in YouTube which is what we need for us to be entertained effectively. Nowadays, we will not be just contented with what TV can offer.

Dracindo

Dracindo
The only problem is that you need to find something on Youtube. TV channels can give you an idea of what you want. But then you search whatever it is you want to watch on Youtube. :D
But yeah, I've already seen shows online way before they release here on TV. Rick and Morty for example. Season 3 has been out way before I started watching it, and half a year later, they finally started to air it on a TV channel.

blogger2018

I prefer youtube channel rather than tv channel because there are lot of videos choices that are available on the youtube. In youtube almost all trending videos worldwide can be found on it and there are a lot information in the world uploaded in the youtube.

Fishbate

When in comes to real time events and news,watching TV is always best. There's nothing compared to knowing what is currently happening to your area, and this could only be through news on TV. On the other hand, when you want high quality tutorials and videos YouTube is probably the most convenient and raw. Also the good thing about you tube is this is done by real people with most of them real experience.

Well, YouTube and TV is all free so why not use them both...

Have a great day:coffee:!

kd06

I have to say it's YouTube for me. Top reason would be that of our TV is broken for months now. Second would be, my kids enjoys watching in YouTube more because there are these channels for children. And lastly YouTube offers variety of topics of videos, which is easier to find a certain subject you wanted.

donna9376

I prefer reading books ;). I just find today you've not many great shows on TV. However I love YouTube because when I am working online I can just plug my ear phones in and listen away to great music. It helps me relax.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Books are fun, but I'm such a really slow reader, making progression in the story really slow. I mean, I could follow a story in a movie of 1 or 2 hours, where a story of 400 pages takes at least 10 hours to finish. When I'm on a train or bus, I don't have TV or Youtube and thus I have more time to read, but at home, there are so many other awesome things I can do than reading books. It's a shame really, but one I know I'll have time to read, so I'll be fine.

Joey Mercado

I prefer YouTube because their variety of shows to watch that are not found on TV channels ,I can watch them when I want to but with TV shows I have to be their at that exact time not to miss a particular show .what's your thought TV shows or YouTube ?

I prefer the YouTube Channel over television channel is that because it is so seldom I watch television aside from it on YouTube channel we have the ability and a chance to pause fast forward the thing we would like to watch and in this channel we see which one is the trending and latest and Let us accept the fact that though it si also present in YouTube , what we see in television channel is somewhat fakenews and badnews which is so heart breaking scenes to watch for. unlike in YouTube if the scene is heart breaking you can fast forward it or not to watch it so that your day will not be ruin and good mood will not be affected. But still watching television channel is also likeable but in some situation I guess

bleach123

Now that I have access to Wi-Fi, I prefer YouTube than TV channels. I can readily select various contents from beauty to travels unlike TV channels which are restricted and if you want to watch a specific show you must wait for the schedule. Some TV shows also can be viewed in YouTube which is fantastic.

kgord

I prefer TV. I mean youtube is interesting, but I grew up with TV and I will always be a fan of it. My son only has youtube and says he doesn't miss TV so I guess in part it is what you are comfortable with.

Dracindo

Dracindo
And more TV time for you, of course. :cool:

But truthfully, Youtube can offer much more than TV, and at any time available. I'm also sure it's cheaper to pay for Internet than TV, but I'm not entirely sure. The only good thing about TV is that you can easily browse and try to find something you would like to watch or try. On Youtube, you have to look for videos almost blindly, or have videos and channels recommended to you by friends and family. So yeah, they both have their perks, and it's whatever you fancy.

Melancholy

While I enjoy a bit of both myself, YouTube would win just because of the variety of content, opinions and people. Because you don't have to pay for your own show or become popular enough to be invited, YouTube features a much more diverse community, from people all around the globe. Content creators are free to say their true feelings without losing their show, whereas people on TV have to be much more careful of what they're saying.

That, and TV licenses cost a good 60 quid, so I'd much rather stick to the internet, thanks.

MidnightPencil

I'll go for Youtube, aside from you can just choose what to watch, you can actually just choose a portion or chunk of the show, plus you have the option to skip the advertisement unlike on the televisions shows.

Another thing is there are tons of videos available in youtube that isn't available on TV shows, also Youtube gives viewers the a chance to express their thoughts about what they have watched, thanks to the comment section.

The only thing on youtube that I don't like is the ads in the middle of the video, or in a particular timeframe.

bernztein_22

I prefer YouTube because their variety of shows to watch that are not found on TV channels ,I can watch them when I want to but with TV shows I have to be their at that exact time not to miss a particular show .what's your thought TV shows or YouTube ?

I prefer youtube than TV. One good reason is because there are no commercial breaks which are just the same everyday. Also, you can pause or go back to scenes you didn't understand at first or to those you liked the most. You can also skip parts you don't like. In other words, you are the boss when you watch videos on youtube. As you said, you don't need to rush yourself if your favorite TV show is about to start. You can watch it anytime, in your convenience.

zach24

I am not that fond of watching televisions even if I am just staying home maybe because everything that I can watch there is all about drama and I really don't like it. I prefer watching youtube because I can learn a lot of things while watching there. One more thing, videos that we can watch in Youtube is not limited in one thing or one channel that's why we can watch anything that we want to watch. In Youtube I can watch blogs, cooking tutorials, repair tutorials, music videos, movies and many more that's why I never get bored because it has a lot of things to offer.

jeniffer26

I prefer Youtube than TV. I can do whatever I wan in Youtube unlike in TV that whatever they present is up to them. I easily get bored so I watch more on Youtube that wehenver I get tired of watching that series I can easily switch to my other favorite series.

Winn04

I'll go with youtube. For it has an almost endless videos or video clips that you can choose from, in youtube you have the power to choose what specific video you are looking for to get some information about a certain topic. You can watch different music videos of your favorite artist or covers from talented aspiring musicians. And kids get to enjoy a lot of children's shows. You can even filter youtube so that you don't need to worry that your kids might stumble into a not so kid friendly stuffs. If you can watch news in the televisions so does you can do it too on youtube only that it is a few hours delayed. But all in all, I can say that with youtube you can get variety of videos that you can get to choose from depends on what you are looking for.

Annejk18

Me too! I don't use my TV channel anymore. I prefer Youtube Channels and Netflix. I always watch at Netflix. There I can watch my favorite movies without commercials. I hate those commercials that longer than the episode I'm watching. Here in our country TV channels always doing that. That's why I'm just subscribing to other platforms for me to get ease of those commercials. Anyway, I know that they need to do that. But then, can they even make it shorter? Just saying..

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views