Live wallpapers consume a lot of battery ?

Their so many adverts about wallpapers which are tempting to install some are sparkly, some are oceanic and some show raindrops and their all super beautiful ,so I went ahead to install one it was beautiful as first when you sweep your screen and you see nothing but beauty but 1hour later even without using my phone my battery was 40% it had consumed my battery just like it consumed my love to install it .Tell me what's your say do live wall papers consume battery ?

Attachments

I think it is really bad for your battery than just having those wallpapers that stay on place no moving etc., and I' not really a fan of sparkly and live wallpapers so it's a no for me. You can find a sparkly wallpaper but not live wallpapers it's less consuming with your battery.

Yes, the screen is what most consume battery on the phone, and if you put a live wallpaper it will demand much more of the CPU, and consequently consuming a lot more of the battery.

Yup, they will consume more battery than a static wallpaper. Especially if the wallpaper uses 3D elements. It's best to use a static or a solid colored wallpaper if you want to have a longer battery life.

Fishbate

Live wall papers consume battery just because its animated. The movement behind the wall paper uses your phones resources just like playing a video on a loop. Lastly some free themes and wall papers have embedded adds into it that's why you see pop up add randomly. This also consumes your phones resources because it tends to connect to a server regularly.

You can try using a live wall paper for just a moment by allowing your display to turn off by setting your display in a preferred time.

Example is turning your display in 10 mins. idle time. This way your live wall paper still displays within 10 mins before the system turns off the display.

I hope this helps....
Have a great day:coffee:!

kd06

Yes it does. I also once installed one and it did drained my battery so fast even if I not using it that why I got discourage and uninstalled it. As of now I have my son's photo as my wallpaper.

Live wallpapers are animated that's why it consumes a lot of battery percentage. It's applicable to use the static wallpaper if you don't want to hibernate your phone.

Yes, live wallpaper consume lots of power. It's the phone battery that it uses to run the live program it displays.

I used HD forest when I bought my phone and it was so good but my phone battery keeps draining more often and fast at that, so I asked the reason for this, and I was made to understand it was as a result of the live or animation wallpaper.

Definitely those types of wallpapers consume battery faster than the steady ones. I tried using live wallpapers with all those moving objects and stuff which drained my battery from 100% to 80% in 2 or 3 hours. I was not using the phone at that time. Better select those wallpapers that are simple.

Because live wallpapers are animated and not static, it's constantly drawing resources from the GPC/CPU to run the process. Because this has to stay on all the time (otherwise the background will break/errors etc.) it makes the device work harder, forcing it to drain the battery quicker. It's such a shame they're so inefficient since I like live wallpapers too. I actually have them on my laptop and phone, but it's set to only run when it's plugged in so that I don't waste battery while I'm at work.

@Jaymalie , Good Day as the other members replied that YES I am agreeing with them that LIVE WALLPAPERS consume a lot of battery usage percentage it is because the phone is always seems to sue even though it is just a wallpaper but the animated features it has make your battery become less. I think it is much better to stay to simpler one , those wallpapers that are not moving It will saved your battery percentage and your battery as well because you will not repeatedly charge your battery several times in a day . I hope it helps thank you

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views