Live wallpapers consume a lot of battery ?

Jaymalie

Their so many adverts about wallpapers which are tempting to install some are sparkly, some are oceanic and some show raindrops and their all super beautiful ,so I went ahead to install one it was beautiful as first when you sweep your screen and you see nothing but beauty but 1hour later even without using my phone my battery was 40% it had consumed my battery just like it consumed my love to install it .Tell me what's your say do live wall papers consume battery ?

Attachments

• IMG_20180513_192958_322.JPG
    IMG_20180513_192958_322.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20180513_192944_450.JPG
    IMG_20180513_192944_450.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180513_192932_939.JPG
    IMG_20180513_192932_939.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 23

carol0502

I think it is really bad for your battery than just having those wallpapers that stay on place no moving etc., and I' not really a fan of sparkly and live wallpapers so it's a no for me. You can find a sparkly wallpaper but not live wallpapers it's less consuming with your battery.

f_liperodrigues

Yes, the screen is what most consume battery on the phone, and if you put a live wallpaper it will demand much more of the CPU, and consequently consuming a lot more of the battery.

EfficientNinja

Yup, they will consume more battery than a static wallpaper. Especially if the wallpaper uses 3D elements. It's best to use a static or a solid colored wallpaper if you want to have a longer battery life.

Fishbate

Live wall papers consume battery just because its animated. The movement behind the wall paper uses your phones resources just like playing a video on a loop. Lastly some free themes and wall papers have embedded adds into it that's why you see pop up add randomly. This also consumes your phones resources because it tends to connect to a server regularly.

You can try using a live wall paper for just a moment by allowing your display to turn off by setting your display in a preferred time.

Example is turning your display in 10 mins. idle time. This way your live wall paper still displays within 10 mins before the system turns off the display.

I hope this helps....
Have a great day:coffee:!

Huggypillows

Yes that's why even it so nice as a background. I'm not using any live wallpaper. better to use a good normal wallpaper.

kd06

Yes it does. I also once installed one and it did drained my battery so fast even if I not using it that why I got discourage and uninstalled it. As of now I have my son's photo as my wallpaper.

Annejk18

Live wallpapers are animated that's why it consumes a lot of battery percentage. It's applicable to use the static wallpaper if you don't want to hibernate your phone.

Martinsx

Yes, live wallpaper consume lots of power. It's the phone battery that it uses to run the live program it displays.

I used HD forest when I bought my phone and it was so good but my phone battery keeps draining more often and fast at that, so I asked the reason for this, and I was made to understand it was as a result of the live or animation wallpaper.

wallet

That is true it really consumes the battery faster than usual, you should use a picture from your own gallery and this will look much better.

bleach123

Definitely those types of wallpapers consume battery faster than the steady ones. I tried using live wallpapers with all those moving objects and stuff which drained my battery from 100% to 80% in 2 or 3 hours. I was not using the phone at that time. Better select those wallpapers that are simple.

Melancholy

Because live wallpapers are animated and not static, it's constantly drawing resources from the GPC/CPU to run the process. Because this has to stay on all the time (otherwise the background will break/errors etc.) it makes the device work harder, forcing it to drain the battery quicker. It's such a shame they're so inefficient since I like live wallpapers too. I actually have them on my laptop and phone, but it's set to only run when it's plugged in so that I don't waste battery while I'm at work.

Joey Mercado

@Jaymalie , Good Day as the other members replied that YES I am agreeing with them that LIVE WALLPAPERS consume a lot of battery usage percentage it is because the phone is always seems to sue even though it is just a wallpaper but the animated features it has make your battery become less. I think it is much better to stay to simpler one , those wallpapers that are not moving It will saved your battery percentage and your battery as well because you will not repeatedly charge your battery several times in a day . I hope it helps thank you

zach24

Yes, using live wallpapers really consumes your battery. I am also using those kind of wallpapers before because it is very attracting but I noticed that it drains my phones battery faster that's why I change to normal wallpapers immediately, because if I continue using it my battery will no longer last. Normal wallpapers are also good, it will not only save your battery it will also save electricity.

RoseKaizer

Yes absolutely, using a live wallpaper can consumed more battery, base on my own experience, I download live wallpaper, then I used it, suddenly I notice that my phone has short battery life, knowing that my phone has long battery life, so I search and find why did that happen, then I read that one reason was having live wallpaper, so I unistall the wallpaper I downloaded, then I noticed my phone is back to normal again.

blackmist

Wallpapers consume battery specially those live wallpaper because they are still active even thought you are not using you phone. Live wallpaper is like browsing your phone even if it is idle. It's true that live wallpaper make our phone cool but the disadvantage is that it sacrifice our phone battery.

Dracindo

Dracindo
So just having a wallpaper consumes battery? That gets me wondering, if I were to not have a background at all, would that mean I'd be saving even more battery charge? Or is no wallpaper also a wallpaper? I mean, in the end, if your screen is just plain black or white, it's still a wallpaper.

super2licca

Live wallpapers are amazing but they will easily drain your battery. I used to have a live wallpaper on my phone and decided to remove it and changed it with a static wallpaper. It really consumed my battery. I had to charge my phone twice a day when in fact I only need to charge it on every other day. I am not an active phone user since I always use my laptop. Changing my wallpaper into a static one was a great decision.

ruelbermudez

Certainly, It consume for more of your battery if use live wallpaper especially with those 3 dimension elements.

I am only using the pictures of my children as my wallpaper, it is less when it comes to battery consumption and at the same time it makes me smile whenever I open my phone because I use humorous picture of them.

Dracindo

Oh, yeah, it consumes a lot of battery! I've found many awesome ones, and I really want to have one, but it drains way too much to be worth it. Might as well ask if you prefer the best live wallpaper or to be able to use your phone as long as possible without having to plug it in.

I would NOT recommend downloading one, you can have many awesome wallpapers that don't drain any battery charge at all. That little bit of extra awesomeness is not worth it.
Although that dragon one looks awesome... But no, keep it static.

stbrians

Their so many adverts about wallpapers which are tempting to install some are sparkly, some are oceanic and some show raindrops and their all super beautiful ,so I went ahead to install one it was beautiful as first when you sweep your screen and you see nothing but beauty but 1hour later even without using my phone my battery was 40% it had consumed my battery just like it consumed my love to install it .Tell me what's your say do live wall papers consume battery?
Sorry about the battery consumption. All good things come with a price. Yours was battery consumption.

It happens and it makes you be careful with what you install. Not all are free.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.