What is Root?

Martinsx

Root is the system to gain control of the device, which you can customize the installation to overcome barriers to high security by the manufacturer.

Root-may-la-gi-70.png

What are the benefits of rooting machines?

Root can help adjust the clock and voltage for the CPU to speed up processing or save battery, add features that are not supported by default (for example, Beats Audio, xLoud)

Once rooted, users will be able to fully uninstall pre-installed applications on smartphones that you never used to save memory and speed up.

And especially after root you can install another Rom on the machine instead of Rom installed from the manufacturer when buying the machine. These roms can be found on forums like XDA or AndroidSpin and many other forums.

Disadvantage of Root Machine?

The first disadvantage is that when you root your machine will be denied the right to free warranty from the equipment provider.

After root, your machine will not be able to automatically update the OTA from the vendor. But you can go to the company website, download the update and install it manually.

Easy to use errors if you accidentally deleted data, applications or software that important system.

Can turn your machine into "blockage" if the root cause of the problem, but this case is very rare.

The operating system can run unstable, often error messages.

How to Root the machine like?

Each vendor has a different root, but they have in common with only a few small operations you can accomplish.

root-may-la-gi(5).png

Should root the machine or not?

Rooting your machine depends on your needs. If you are a pure user, what manufacturers provide is enough to meet your needs, the root is not necessary, but if you are interested in exploring, you want to master. Your machine is the best machine.

But rooting is not encouraged by phone manufacturers, so root up if you really need it and you understand it.

EfficientNinja

This is a good guide on explaining the pros and cons of rooting an Android phone. New Android users who want to gain root access to their phones will enjoy a less restricted Android operating system! :)

Martinsx

Martinsx
I actually had my first Tecno android rooted with blackberry software so as to use the unlimited monthly blackberry subscription on my device.

The reason why I had the device rooted was because my ordinary android subscription exhaust so fast but with blackberry root, I was able to enjoy full monthly subscription without having to worry about it finishing so fast.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
I tried rooting my first Xperia phone when I was new to Android because I hear it often from friends and see many people online do it. :D

I failed many times back then but I still managed to root my first Android phone and it was a rewarding experience. :)

Martinsx

Martinsx
That's good to know that after so many trails and failures, you were able to successfully root your device. Personally, I don't have any clue as to how to go about rooting my own android device back then, I always took it to phone technicians for them to do it for me and I just pay them for the services ;).

Jim15

Rooting is like "taking the risk of having a stable device" but you will learn a lot if you do root your device. I root my phone because I want it to have the latest software but there are lot of struggles along the way. You need a lot of time if its your first time to root a device and need to explore. My phone got soft brick at first try but I manage to return it to its working condition but overtime, I fail to have a good rom working on it so my device got worst. I recommend not to root if you have a stable ad smooth experience in your device.

Martinsx

Martinsx
If you don't have the skills and expertise to root your device effectively, it's important to take it to software expert/technicians to help you carry out the configuration perfectly. Once you fail in doing it well, you have practically rendered the device useless until you return it to the initial software it came with. My first trail wasn't successful but the subsequent ones were as I have already learnt from my mistakes.

albino

Root or Rooting is a process that allows you to attain root access to the Android operating system code (the equivalent term for Apple devices id jailbreaking). It gives you privileges to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn't normally allow you to, this is according to google.

Martinsx

Martinsx
IPhone users are likely the ones to benefit from device rooting as the phone operating system does not allow lots of applications that runs on Android devices to run in it. But with a successful rooting of the iOS device, it would enjoy all the privileges that android devices has.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.