I am going to root my Android phone. Is there any risk during rooting and after?

LiaPalasin26

Since I first bought my Huawei P20 three months ago, I’ve done everything with it. I’ve transformed my phone into a media center, I used it in my photography projects, I also use it as my own TV remote control, and I’ve installed some of the coolest surveillance apps available. However, the one single thing that I could not let myself do is root my Android phone.

The fear of “bricking” or much worst "breaking" my expensive mobile device was too much, even for a geeky that prides herself on his moderate hacking abilities. But I must admit that sometimes a was thinking to take the plunge and learn how to root my Android phone? Well, the first thing was seeing how easily my Android geeks colleagues could change their phones interface and OS . And the second thing?, It was seeing how many cool apps on the Android Market require root.

I already done my research about the PROS and the CONS of rooting your device, I just like to hear some personal opinions that can help me to decide?

Dracindo

I've googled a little bit, and here are some of the risks that I found about rooting your device:
  • Rooting makes the warranty of your phone obsolete, meaning you can't return it and get your money back. If the warranty has already expired, then this wouldn't stop you.
  • Poor performance.
  • Viruses.
I don't really know what "bricking" means, but I just assume it's really bad.
Why would you even want to root your device? You said you looked at the Pros and cons, and given the cons, I really like to know why you'd go through the risks of rooting. Your phone is also only 3 months old, so I suppose it still works like a charm.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views