Pixel 2 launcher?

Alex_smith

Do you know any trusted sources to download pixel 2 launcher? Does this launcher consume more RAM on my smartphone? please share your advice.

starmz123

I did some digging and found this Pixel 2 Launcher. The developer claims it has "rock solid stability", so hopefully, it won't affect your phone's performance (though maybe skip it if you have a V20). He seems pretty active on Reddit so I trust that he might be able to answer any questions you have.

Alternatively, there are some other launchers, including low-ram ones. Most if not all should be rootless!

While I generally trust XDA developers, I haven't downloaded these and so cannot personally vouch for them. However, before installing anything more 'drastic' like a new launcher, I would suggest the following:
  • Back up your phone, in case you need to factory reset!
  • Ensure a good Antivirus is active and scan the download site and .apk
That should cover you in case anything goes wrong.

MomoStarr16

My answer will be simple bro. All kinds of launcher will only eat up your RAM. Pretty cool if you have one but at least you should have a larger RAM capacity. If you only have minimum RAM you will end up with a laggy phone. Be sure to have 8Gb RAM to at least experience that launcher more effectively.

carol0502

carol0502
Omg where can I find 8gb ram, my phone has 4gb ram and I hate to admit it but it's slow for me so maybe buying a new phone with a bigger ram is the best option here and next is think what launcher is better. I only use default launcher for now beacuse my phone can't take it.

DenisMNE

I do not know what is Pixel 2 launcher.
Is anyone in here who could give me some good insight in it ?
What is its purpose and is it useful ?
Looking forward hearing a reply from you.

EfficientNinja

Should I assume OP is referring to Pixel 2's default launcher? He could be looking for a launcher that looks like it. You could try Nexus launcher. I don't know if the devs are still maintaining that app.

Reactions: DenisMNE

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Looks like Nexus is known as a Pixel launcher now.
They are pretty much the same.Looks like they only changed name and version number.
Did you try it out ?
The latest info I have is that they changed all Nexus products to Pixel ones but I do not do they still maintain it, as you said.
Did you find something out ?

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
Oh, that's news to me. It's been a long time since I last used these launchers. Thanks for the heads up, @DenisMNE! :)

Reactions: DenisMNE

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
No problem, glad I helped.
Why did you use them and when ? I would love to hear it out from you as you proven yourself a useful member of this forum.
It is awesome that after all this time, it still keeps good review from people, mostly.

download.png

I guess it's still helpful.

Dracindo

Always make certain that you have a good antivirus app installed. You don't want to download launchers if they risk harming your phone. However, I wouldn't recommend using a launcher if it is going to eat at your RAM. If you really want it, then do it, but unfortunately I am unable to give you a source that is completely trustworthy.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads