Percentage of paid vs. free apps on your iPhone?

amelia88

I rarely pay for apps, since most of the time I can find a free substitute that works just as well. I'd probably say that percentage wise, I have about 5% paid apps and 95% free.

What is the ratio of free vs. paid apps on your iPhone?

amarkayam

we also almost use the free apps and about 98% of the apps are free on my iphone and there is hardly any paid app.

zenhashy

I have 1% paid apps and 99% free apps. No matter how good the app, as said by others, I will not still buy it. It is because I am the kind of person that is easily tired of the same app. I have the tendency of deleting it afterwards.

Gina412

I think I got around 2% apps that I paid for just because I used it for my work. Other than that, the rest of my apps are free mostly game apps and social media apps.

Cai07

Honestly, I haven’t paid for any app in my iPhone. Free apps work really well so, I decided to stick on it. But, there was a time that I really wanted to download music from iTunes store. I’m a music lover and it’s cool to listen while working on some stuff. Then, I discovered Spotify and decided to use instead.
I rarely pay for apps, since most of the time I can find a free substitute that works just as well. I'd probably say that percentage wise, I have about 5% paid apps and 95% free.

rightmeownana

I have 100% free apps :LOL: Whenever I want paid apps, I thoroughly search for alternative free apps. And I just ask myself if I really need that and I end up not buying it.

Jelineex

I don't go for paid application because there are available free one in Iphone. I am happy and contented using it. I only use and download apps that are useful to me.

koki12346

My ratio - 100% free and 0% paid. Honestly i do not play games on my phone so I think I don't need to pay for apps, there are always free solutions, maybe they don't work as well but they are free.

ivandelrey

I only use 2 paid apps and I use the other one everyday. I don't regret paying for apps because developers worked so hard to build their apps and they deserve to get paid for that just like any other jobs. Many people think paying for apps is a waste of money simply because they're "digital" not "physical". But one thing that annoys me about that is paid apps with in-app purchases (n)

Dracindo

I work with Android, but to answer anyway, I have never paid for an app. I do have 2 apps that normally cost $0-$2, but I managed to download them for free. It's like you said, for every paid app, there is usually a free substitute that works equally well, or even better. Those usually have ads, but as long as it aren't popup ads, I don't mind.

If those apps still count as paid, and default apps don't count, then I would say my ratio would be 85% Free and 15% Paid. But yeah, I don't think not having paid for them make it actually count, so I daresay, all of the apps I downloaded were free.

socialagency

I think I used 90% free apps and games on my iPhone, the rest I bought and I only invest into apps that really useful for my smartphone or works.

jennyholzertshirt

I just checked my phone and 100% of my apps are free. Some of them, like Spotify, have a paid account attached to them, but I almost never purchase an app outright. I'll admit that I'm cheap, and I really hate paying for things especially when, for some apps, there's no way to test it out and see if you actually like it before you buy it.
The few apps I have bought in the past few years were well-reviewed games that I felt pretty confident I would like, and part of my justification for paying for them was that I was supporting what was often an individual indie developer. Someday, I'd like to be the kind of person who spends more on apps, because I think that there are app developers out there that are putting out good products and should be compensated for them. I don't usually blink at buying a $1 pack of gum at the grocery store, but bristle at the thought of spending $0.99 on an app that could revolutionize the way I use my phone, make my life a lot more organized, or just be a game I really enjoy playing on the subway.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.