Is windows 7 still good ?

nebur

Absolutely, We are now in the new age of Computers and Os but many people still use windows 7. Here in my country, you can still find Computer Cafes that still uses windows 7.

TKaliber

From what I've heard recently, Windows 7 is by far still a favorite of most people I know who are into computers. It had the least going on and wasn't trying to force as much as windows 8-10 with their updates, software, and other things along those lines. It also seems like unless they go back and make a new version of windows which will have a lot less going on, windows 7 will still probably be one of the best for gaming, at least until support for it gets entirely cut out.

B.Zozo

I asked lot of persons about that and they told me that Windows 7 is the best operating system that Microsoft has made, and recommended it. Really, I tried it in different ways, and I find it the best.

Dracindo

I downloaded Windows 10 on my main computer to keep up to date, but still have it on my old laptop. Knowing both worlds, I'd love Windows 7 to stay as the main version.

The main reason? Whenever I have a problem on 10, I keep finding step by step solutions that work, but sometimes it tells me to a certain window in a given fashion, but I don't see that on my screen or it doesn't open the same screen as in the guide.

Windows 7 help guides have always been on point for me. Also the interface is a good example of LESS IS MORE. I don't need all those little Windows on my start screen with News, my health, Minecraft, and other sponsored content.

Dracindo

I forgot to add this, but when I built my PC, Windows 10 still needed to be installed. The problem is that I had to pay for it. I can't remember how much, though. Around €100, maybe? That's insane! And my friend who did most of the building work said that Windows 7 could not be installed (not sure if that's totally true). I'm currently using a "free" version of Windows 10, where I cannot change certain settings, which is also really annoying.

Femyper

I currently use windows 10 but it has no difference from window 7 in terms of its effects in my pc.

kelvz1984

Generally, you should have no trouble using Windows 7. However, software makers will start to produce software based on Windows 10, both as desktop apps and on websites. Also, many plug-ins, such as Java and Flash will cause or start to cause you problems, so, it’s better to be up-to-date with the latest Operating System. It is currently in extended support (until 2020). You can feel free to use it until then. After that you probably want Windows 10.

Rlgb

Win 7 is still good for me. Comparing to Win 8, I'll definitely use Win 7. We still have pc with Win 7 in our office because some files from our clients still need Win 7 to open or read.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.