Laptop recommendations for home based work?

Martinsx

Any HP laptop brand would serve your need for doing any online jobs at home. I'm making use of the same brand and it's serving me efficiently.

Even though I still have my desktop computer at home but I use the laptop more often when I don't feel like using my phone device to work.

jaybee19

Aside from HP which is a great laptop for me as well, there's also Dell and they also have good laptops. When buying a new laptop, I guess it's better to consider the specs, the processor, the battery, and also reviews from legit users/consumers who bought it and tried it. In my experience, I always look for reviews on YouTube before I decide on buying a gadget (same goes for Laptops).

vpatella

What kind of work will you be doing? That's sort of a deal breaker.

Reactions: Dracindo

Dracindo

Dracindo
Double up on this one. One who seeks to do writing jobs would need a laptop, any working laptop you can find will do. An artist on the other hand would need higher specs for better quality, both in sound and visuals. And web developers need laptops that run at high speed, because the programs you need for high quality websites require quite a lot of RAM.

kgord

Personally, I like my Samsung Chromebook. The only problem is that it does not work for all things. Sometimes a windows based laptop is the only thing that will work for certain tasks. that is the only problem as I see it.

Joey Mercado

To get started with online job one of the tools that we need the most is Laptop or PC. Can anyone recommend a good laptop brand ? what are the basic things to remember before buying a new laptop?

Hello @Huggypillows , I would like to ask what will be the work you are doing at your home and what are the possible specifications you have in your mind to a desire laptop you want. Anyhow, I have posted a previous thread before regarding the best Laptop Brands and their specification kindly click or visit the link and I am hoping that will help you to decide the BEST LAPTOP you prefer for your work at home..

https://smartphones.best/threads/be...dnZSn+CQoMjgAp7dtzNCNlddNDlXoZOJDE=#post-4310

Thank you .

Jaymalie

I have never owned a laptop in my life to be honest but I do have my dream laptop for working at home ,the laptop should have good battery that can last for long and doesn't need to be charged often and among other things that I will list below they include;
1 a fast laptop - this laptop won't be slowed down even when the network is unreliable which will make your work easier and fast
2 excellent screen who doesn't want a laptop with a clear screen which you will be able to read anything you type and a clear one .
3 portability - remember your not buying a computer you need a laptop you can carry with ease not a load that will break your back .
I would recommend you buying "Microsoft surface book 2 (13.5-inch )
It has a screen of 3'000*2000 desplay
Storage of 256Gb
CPU with an Intel core of i5-7300u
Graphics of 620 and a Ram of 16gb

Lazard

I use a LDLC "home-mounted" laptop. It was 500€ only but it came without OS or any brand whatsoever. 8Gb of RAM, 4 core @2.70GHz and a 17" 1080p screen, I never found anything better for working.

Otherwise, be wary of the RAM amount, the more you have, the more software you can use at once (basically)

Valerie Green

Go for Acer(Aspire) laptops which are good for heavy work load. I have a acer laptop and been using it for last 8 years. And it is still running good.

Only changed the charger and got extra ram as i was having 500HDD.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.