Need help with deciding my next phone.

ElGuapo96

So, i'm in a dilemma whether i should buy Sony Xperia Z1 or basically any other Sony/Samsung phone. The aesthetics are amazing, the specifications are incredible, way better than the one i currently have. But i was just wandering if you have any experience with this phone and if you could give me an advice considering my situation.

Need help with deciding my next phone.png

Thanks for reading, here is a picture so you have a better idea of what i'm talking about :)

Masterjed

Hi @Elguapo, I had a Sony Xperia Z1 before but I would suggest you go buy the higher version of Sony Xperia. I guess its the age of the phone that is why I would suggest a higher version of it. Sony is great in Camera and battery as well as saving files. It is user-friendly and some specific apps for Sony users only. I have attached a link here for your reference on the newer version of Sony Xperia.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Thanks for that advice, i will most definitely look into it :)
I didn't even realize in is a 5 year old phone, damn. Mine is 4 year old but it's way weaker in comparison. Guess i wasn't searching hard enough.
Amazing how you even posted a link in there, i am looking at it right now and that Sony Xperia XZ1 Is absolutely ridiculous. I will definitely give it a shot. :)

Masterjed

Masterjed
Yeah, as long as it serves it's purpose, that is all what it takes. I am planning to upgrade mine as well. Trying to get a higher version of it thats within my budget. :) I guess Sony lacks marketing style about their product. I don's more advertisement compare to other smartphones out there. What's your say about it?

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Sony lacks marketing, how's that? I thought they have got really good marketing since their products are so popular. I mean, just when you tell people the word "Sony" they lose their minds, i think they are doing just fine to be completely honest :)
But money is tight, my friend. We got to work hard if we want to buy all these sweet new smartphones. Different times are ahead of us :)

Tonny

Hello @ElGuapo96, I am currently using a Sony Xperia Z1 and all I can say is that this smartphone has the best specifications including its water resistance feature, a 20.7MP camera and also considering its age along side the features it has, It stands out to be the best smartphone up to date but I would suggest you to get newer version like the Xperia XZ2 which is set to be released in April this year. You can Enjoy movies and more in exceptional contrast, colour and clarity with a large High Dynamic Range (HDR) display. And the Dynamic Vibration System lets you feel the action in the palm of your hand.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Wow, that Sony Xperia XZ2 is the craziest, most ridiculous phone i have ever seen. I don't really think i need a phone like that, since it's like 4 times stronger than my laptop :D
I am glad that you have good experience with Sony Xperia Z1, i know it's an older phone but hey, if it serves the purpose it's good enough for me!
20.7MP camera is insane for a phone that's 5 years old.
I will definitely look a bit more into it, still quite unsure...

Reactions: Tonny

Tonny

Tonny
Yes its true the Sony Xperia Z1 is insane, but have you ever thought of a Sony Xperia Z5, Trust me its more insane, it has everything the Xperia Z1 has plus a little more. Its has a fingerprint sensor which not a bad feature for your taste.
It also has am improvement in camera Mega Pixel to a 23MP camera. And guess what, It has a 3GB RAM

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I haven't, i am checking it out right now.
Damn, that is a strong phone, just wow. I don't really believe those fingerprint sensors and the iris scanners, what if they malfunction and you just get scammed :D
23MP camera is so ridiculous and 3GB RAM is absolutely insane.
I will jump to the nearest store and give it a look, definitely, seems like such a good phone.

GreenTeaAddict

You can give a try with Samsung Galaxy S8, the price is gonna fall a bit because Samsung Galaxy S9 is going to be released for a few days. Gave my old Moto G5 to my brother, bought S8 a week ago and I'm very impressed by it, the camera is very good and the display is a top-notch with the super Amoled vivid colors and also has Oreo released in 80% of countries. The main problem is that the display is made of glass and it's very fragile, so a cover is a must! Overall the phone is a masterpiece. If the money is not an issue, you can wait for Galaxy S9, but I don't recommend it because it's same as S8 but with few differences, except if you care about the"AR Emojis", slightly better chipset and graphics.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I might give it a shot when the price drops, nowadays it's way too expensive, we will see how things turns out.
I know it's a very good phone, one of the best out there, if not THE best. But unfortunately it is still way too pricey, for an average student like myself. Maybe in a few years, we will see. Who knows what will even happen in a few years, how phones are going to look then...
But yeah, Samsung phones are really fragile in general. There is something about their phone physical appearance that is not only repulsive, but also very fragile.

ion

Never try that, but I heard a good reviews about that phone like, all closed the Xperia Z1 is dust-proof is water resistant with a IP58 certification. This means it can survive being fully submerged in more than 1m of water for more than 30 minutes. The addition of the camera button means you can now take photos and shoot video under water. With 441ppi and 16 million colour contrast ratio images are well-detailed, the Xperia Z1 makes the most of the 1920 x 1080p high resolution display.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Yeah, that is such an amazing feature, considering i'm into sports, i swim a lot, so i might carry it to my training some day :D
Also bringing a phone in the shower, just leaving it down on the floor while blasting music has been a dream for me, so the waterproof feature is a must in my future phone :D
The fact that it has a camera button makes it so much cooler, that is one thing that always bothered me with my old phone, sometimes it was hard for me to hold the phone and tap the "take picture" button :D

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.