Is malwarebytes safe?

socialagency

I am always afraid using any kind of anti-malware software as I have heard earlier that they themselves act as malware pop-ups and leads to system shutdown. Recently, my smartphone was badly infected with virus and my antivirus software was not able to recover it. Then I am thinking of installing malwarebytes anti-malware tool on my smartphone. The problem that I want to ask is, malwarebytes is safe and it will not affect the performance of my smartphone?

Fishbate

I am always afraid using any kind of anti-malware software as I have heard earlier that they themselves act as malware pop-ups and leads to system shutdown. Recently, my smartphone was badly infected with virus and my antivirus software was not able to recover it. Then I am thinking of installing malwarebytes anti-malware tool on my smartphone. The problem that I want to ask is, malwarebytes is safe and it will not affect the performance of my smartphone?

Hi @socialagency Malwarebytes is an anti-malware software for Microsoft Windows, macOS and Android that finds and removes malware.

Virus and Malware are co-related but they are two different kinds of system killers. A more simple explanation is Malware is a software that is intended to damage a system, while a virus is a code that is executed to harm a system. But they may come in a bundle ..o_O

Malwarebytes is a well known security software and i think their reputation is good. It will not affect your system significantly. A better way to understand their services is looking on reviews and comments about their software.

You can check here for your reference:

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2015/09/whats-the-difference-between-antivirus-and-anti-malware/

I hope this helps:coffee:!

ShaneW

Hi socialagency, I am using malwarebytes on my PC and it is pretty good and effective to remove malware from our computers while other anti virus might not do like it did. Not sure it is safe on smartphones or not but I think it will consume a bit more resource (RAM) on your smartphone because it made my computer run pretty slow.

Kakashi2020

Hi there anti malware or anti virus programs is a basic tool that has to be installed in every pc and laptop. But in mobile smartphones it's just a waste of space and memory. An easy thing to do is if you feel that your smartphone suddenly becomes slower after a download then just delete or uninstall what you've downloaded and empty your cache memory that'll solve your problem. In my experience Android and iOS have their own security features against malware so no need to install an antivirus.?

Khine012

Yes it is safe it is a trusted anti malware. It removes and prevents malware in your computer. Actually my laptop had been affected by malware 2 years ago and I had to reformat the system completely to remove the malware because it was already too late. So I install an antivirus (trojan and malware etc.) : BITDEFENDER it is a really good product and it easily identifies website that are not safe and may be harmful to your computer. I would recommend for you to use it. Cause' being infected by malware is really difficult they hack to your social accounts posting malicoius acts and videos which are not operated by you. Infecting your files and folders etc.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.