How to refresh/reset your Windows 10 PC

EfficientNinja

After you use your computer for a few months or years, you might encounter some problems such as system instability, virus infection, etc.. Resetting or refreshing your Windows 10 PC will bring it back to a fresh state.

1523069849614.png

Note: When resetting the operating system, all applications, software that you add to the computer will be gone.

To reset your computer do the following:
Step 1: You click the Settings located on the start menu.

Step 2: Select Update & security.

Step 3: In the Recovery section click on Get Started.

Step 4: The Choose an option dialog box appears and there are two options for you.

How to refresh or reset your Windows 10 PC.jpg

Keep my files: Delete all applications, software, settings back to original but retain personal data.

Remove everything: Deletes the entire Windows installation drive to its original state or deletes the entire machine.

You can choose one of two options, depending on your needs and the data to be saved. Here you choose the Remove everything option.

Step 5: The new window appears and there are two options.

Just remove my files: only delete my personal files.

Remove files and clean the drive: Delete all data on the computer.

Choose any of the option that fits your needs.

Step 6: Click Reset, Windows will restart and reset the system.

DenisMNE

After you use your computer for a few months or years, you might encounter some problems such as system instability, virus infection, etc.. Resetting or refreshing your Windows 10 PC will bring it back to a fresh state.

View attachment 1096

Note: When resetting the operating system, all applications, software that you add to the computer will be gone.

To reset your computer do the following:
Step 1: You click the Settings located on the start menu.

Step 2: Select Update & security.

Step 3: In the Recovery section click on Get Started.

Step 4: The Choose an option dialog box appears and there are two options for you.

View attachment 1097

Keep my files: Delete all applications, software, settings back to original but retain personal data.

Remove everything: Deletes the entire Windows installation drive to its original state or deletes the entire machine.

You can choose one of two options, depending on your needs and the data to be saved. Here you choose the Remove everything option.

Step 5: The new window appears and there are two options.

Just remove my files: only delete my personal files.

Remove files and clean the drive: Delete all data on the computer.

Choose any of the option that fits your needs.

Step 6: Click Reset, Windows will restart and reset the system.
Thanks for the advise, I usually do a general cleaning on my laptop once a month and this is being very useful to me.
I preferred CC cleaner over these years for cleaning it out of unnecessary stuff.
Anyhow, an insight of how to refresh/reset it is always welcomed.Even computer need a break.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
spb
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.