How do I know if my device is unlocked?

puregrace

I tried to unlock my phone but not sure if it is unlocked. I tried a couple of times and am still not aware if it is done. So, how do I know if my device is unlocked?

bernztein_22

I tried to unlock my phone but not sure if it is unlocked. I tried a couple of times and am still not aware if it is done. So, how do I know if my device is unlocked?
What do you mean by unlock? If you mean the simple unlocking like opening your phone to access it, just set a passcode/password. When you have a passcode/passcode, you'll be asked to enter it when you open your phone. That means it's locked. If you don't see the prompt for passcode/password even if you have created one, then that means that your phone is unlocked. If you're referring to something else, let us know and please be more specific.:)

Fishbate

If you want to see if your smartphone is network unlocked, try using other sims from a different provider. Locked phone usually have one affiliate network provider, the network settings and protocols usually have protection and if you try other sims a notification usually appears telling you its locked or network not recognize.

If you want to check if its unlocked via terminal, try checking the IMEI number. The IMEI number should be similar to the system data and the data provided at the box when you purchased your phone.

These are previous conversation which i think is related to the topic.
Ever heard of IMEI ? Well IMEI or The International Mobile Equipment Identity is a unique numerical identifier for every mobile device. This number helps to differentiate each device from one another. If you take your smartphone in for repair they will track it using the IMEI to differentiate it from other smartphones.

You can check your IMEI by going to the dialer and tap in *#06#.
You should see this on your screen..
View attachment 393

If your device is lost or stolen, you can contact your provider who may be able to place a block on the IMEI number, preventing it from being used to connect to the network. Your provider may also be able to contact other networks, asking them to also block the device. Law enforcement often keep records of lost and recovered phones too, identified by their IMEI. This function may not be a day to day need...but there may be instances that they come in handy. So always keep your ID's:p.....

Have a great day guys...

Lazard

As someone already said, what do you mean by "unlocked" ?
If you mean "rooted" you can know it by launching a root-requiring app or a "Am I rooted" style app downloaded on the Play store.

Plus, in your device information, you should see a mention about it.

Martinsx

Your question isn't specific my dear @puregrace, if can try to make yourself more clear then I would know the right response to give to you.

Normally when one wants to know if his/her device is unlocked, all they need to do is press the power button or double tap the phone screen. It will appear on the screen if the phone is locked or not.

sandraharriette

What type of phone is it?

Some people use the term 'unlocking' synonymously with jailbreaking.
According to an article on Lifewire, jailbreaking allows control over what software gets installed on the phone whereas unlocking allows one to choose which carrier to use a phone with, whether it be CDMA or GSM.

https://www.lifewire.com/difference-between-unlocking-and-jailbreaking-2000512

If this is just about switching carriers, I suppose you would know once you try to activate the phone via testing its compatibility with IMEI number and other identifying information.

jayjaydimson

You can instantly know if your device is unlocked if it is not requiring you to input your password, pin, or lock screen. It will just open instantly as you press the power button.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.