Guitar tuning applications?

ElGuapo96

I am a massive music nerd and especially when it comes to guitars. Blues just runs through my veins and it's a part of my everyday life. Only issue i have is that i am not an educated musician, i basically only play just for "my soul". So not knowing the specific details of the music and of tuning the guitar, i am struggling when the strings basically detune themselves are a few weeks/months.
Which application would you recommend me, specifically for tuning a guitar. I would be extremely thankful if that tuner had the option for different kind of tunings, not just the standard one.

That is basically all i need. I have searched everywhere and only found some very low quality "real guitar" applications. Let me know which one should i get and i will be in your debt forever, cheers :)

Fishbate

Hi @ElGuapo96 , i'm also a music lover and a guitar player. Although i can tune my guitar at any given time, using a guitar tuner is essential specially when your playing with a band mate or just a friend that likes to jam. The high accuracy results of guitar apps are very useful and significant in synchronizing instruments. The best part of it is its free....:p

I use Guitar Tuna and PitchLab Pro on my android phones . Both apps have great accuracy and features. Although there's a lot of guitar tuning app in google playstore , i chose them just because i love some features within the app.

Have a great day:coffee:!

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
PitchLab Pro helped me out a lot, you saved my life, man :D
I mean, i could still tune a guitar just by the sense of hearing, but when i have to specifically tune it to a certain tuning, for instance when i'm playing blues or something along those lines it's hard to do it manually.

Especially because i have an old and dusty guitar and the strings are a bit old as well, so it gets detuned really fast, this really saves me a lot of time and it's really precise :)

kaisantos2229

There is actually a gadget for tuning guitar and it is much easier to use than the tuning app in your mobile phone. There are three broad types of guitar tuner, and the most commonly use by almost all of the acoustics guitar players I knew and I use it also is the digital clip-on guitar tuner.

How it work? So basically, it works by picking up the vibration from your string to the gadget and it will give signals when you are in tune.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Wow, these all look amazing and very useful. I think they are a lot better than the app? At least they should be since they are specifically made for that purpose. I might get one, but i am seeing that some of them are responding quite slow. Could you recommend me a good one that would respond quickly and that is very precise? Price doesn't really matter, music is priceless anyways so i don't hold my money back when it comes to art :)

Reactions: kaisantos2229

kaisantos2229

kaisantos2229
Actually it's not that expensive and this type of tuners, I believe is the cheapest tuner for guitars.

There is a specific brand that makes quality digital clip-on guitar tuner that I will personally recommend you try or maybe buy, the brand name is Korg. They have a vast variety of digital clip-on guitar tuner but the two below I think is the best so far.

Korg Pitchhawk G2

aw-3g2_1.jpg

Korg Pitchhawk G

20d2cc0dcefa76284c353e742492ed2d1460795259-lg.jpg

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Well these and ones you listed in the post below are absolutely beautiful looking. I will definitely check them out in some online stores. You helped me with the directions regarding this device. I am pretty sure i know what i should look for right now, so thanks for that :)
And as a bonus you gave me the best looking ones which is absolutely perfect, i respect that a lot, my friend. You saved me a lot of time. Time for some blues now! :D

Fishbate

I also have those clip on tuners that i use during occasions and events, i have both analog and digital types. They are actually handy and much more precised specially when they have a plug in feature. One problem with clip on's is calibration. It was on my analog clip on tuner when i found that it is a bit off on the A major key. I tried replacing the battery but still its off key. I had it checked on a music center, the technician told me that it has to re calibrated. The technician advised me that these tuners needs calibration on a yearly basis. It really doesn't cost that much but it was an eye opener for me.

I still use clip on tuners, but i still recommend the apps available for our smartphones. Just because it has additional features and works the same as stand alone tuners minus the calibration:).

Have a great day:coffee:!

Reactions: Rob Reece

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
So what do you think is better, analog or digital?
I have always gone just by ear but recently i started playing some different types of stuff, which requires a pretty awkward tuning to be able to sound good. So am in a need of a tuner badly.
Yeah, calibration can be a pain in the butt :D The fact that you constantly need to recalibrate it can be really annoying.
I will definitely have to check out some more apps and tuners in a store, i'm getting confused with all these choices.

Fishbate

Fishbate
I think digital type would be the best choice. Analog devices are sometimes hard to maintain and they have limited features:(. Digital types have some additional features like display settings, key functions and light modes.
I totally agree, precised tuning will definitely produced a much greater sound.:)

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
How stable/durable are digital ones, though?
I will definitely give them a shot then. I'll jump to a store as soon as possible and look for some digital tuner. Thanks for clearing that up, i made my choice now :)
Can't to wait to spend the rest of this year just jamming to some heavy blues with a perfectly tuned guitar :D

mikaelmatt152312

The Pano Tuner is for me I think the best tuner app because it is one of the highest-rated apps for both IOS and Android. Users praise the apps consistency and ease of use. The Pano app lets you dial in precision settings for different contexts - like when you need to tune quickly for a jam session with buddies and close enough will cut it, or when you need extreme precision for your latest recording projects. It also features settings besides A440 for non-standard tunings.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I will definitely give it a shot, sounds good mikaelmatt :)
Yeah, i don't really need my guitar to be as perfectly tuned as possible, i just need, like you said, "close enough". I basically only jam by myself or with my brother, so it's not THAT important but hey, if it can sound better, why not?
Non-standard tunings are really important for me, since i love that Open G, Open D and drop C :D

tedzk26

I have tried several of the online tuners including DaTuner Pro which I feel was a waste of money. I very much prefer clip on tuners, even though they're not free or $2.99. I find them worth the cost as they tune much quicker and more accurately.

EfficientNinja

Have you tried GuitarTuna? It's a free guitar tuning software and I use it on my iPhone. It's available in the App Store and I believe it's also available on the Android PlayStore.

breezmedia

I can relate to your passion for music. I grew up playing horns - saxophone, trumpet, and tuba - but as I've gotten older I've become interested in expanding my musical skillset. I have no experience with piano and very little technical training, although, I can read music and play by ear. Some years ago I got an acoustic guitar and wanted to learn how to play it. This is the type of instrument based on piano and the concept of chords. My musicians friends all say when starting out, just learn some key chords (most songs are built around G and C I'm told) and practice, practice, practice those to get familiar with playing.

Yousician is a great app for all ranges of skill level. This free app will help with tuning and also has sheet music, metronome, and other features to help train yourself into becoming a legit guitar player. The app also includes a variety of genres to choose from.

You can download Yousician here to try it out now:

https://yousician.com/

1523708217915.png

Here is a video review of a beginner user on Yousician:

Yousician Review

All the best to you on your musical journey!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.