Android Oreo OS

ElGuapo96

This is just going to be a quick review regarding the new Android Oreo OS. I hope i will make it quick and understandable, especially for people who are new to this type of Operating System, so we can make things a little bit clearer.

This OS is the newest one released by Android in August of 2017 .
It has a lot of new features such as grouping, picture-in-picture support for a video, massive performance improvements and support for autofillers, Bluetooth 5 and Wi-Fi aware.

Android-Oreo-2.jpeg

There is also something called Project Treble which basically makes it much more simpler for phone updates to be pushed through you. It will improve your phone's performance and battery usage along the way. Notifications look way prettier and the phone in general becomes much prettier sight for anyone :)
There are a lot of hidden/complicated features that are not really even worth explaining, considering how most of the regular people will never even use them, nor will they ever NEED to use them.

BillEssley

@ElGuapo96 Good news about Android 8.0 OREO and I would like to add additional information about what is new in Android 8.1 Oreo

Intelligent Change Interface:
By optimizing some of the interface, when you set a black background, the system can get darker colors on the main menu, widget and center dock. In addition, Google is developing to optimize Android applications to be compatible with this new interface.

Android 8.1 Oreo 2.jpg

Pixel Visual Core
This chip offers better image processing, better photos, especially with HDR, the ability to shoot faster. 3rd party applications were able to harness the power of this chip to capture HDR + images.

Android 8.1 Oreo 3.jpg

Neural Networks API:
This technology allows your phone to use the CPU to optimize and speed up the hardware of the chip when your machine does not have a separate AI processor. This reduces the load and delays for data networks and keeps sensitive data secure.

Android 8.1 Oreo 4.jpg

Some other features are also updated:
- Display the battery capacity of the Bluetooth device when connected to the phone in Quick Settings.
- Safer Web Browsing: When third-party applications link to a certain address, the web browser checks to see if the malicious address is blocked.
- Improved fingerprint security: Allows the user to permanently lock the fingerprint of a fingerprint unlocker many times without success.
- Patch: Fixes sound on Nexus 5X and distorted audio when playing video on Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL.
- Improved emoji features become smarter as well as add some new icons.
- Message: Within one second each application is limited to sending an audio alert.
- Improved "auto fill"
- Allows displaying 3 color tones on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL: Natural, Boosted and Saturated.

What devices are supported for updating Android 8.1 Oreo?
As always, Google will provide this update in phases. The first will be for Nexus and Pixel devices.

Android 8.1 Oreo 5.jpg

Other devices may have to wait longer a bit to be able to enjoy the new features of the Android 8.1 Oreo.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
It is still fairly new and some features are just being discovered. People are still learning how to use some of the things it is capable of.
Just the fact that it is only available to a select few phones speaks a lot about this topic.
It is a very cool OS, maybe even the best one they made so far.
I'm looking forward to getting a Samsung android phone so i can operate with these new features.

Great contribution to the thread, i'd love to see more people join! :)

Reactions: BillEssley

BillEssley

BillEssley
I'm looking forward to getting a Samsung android phone so i can operate with these new features.
For sure, you should take a new Samsung smartphone to experience its new features. It is more different from using iOS or windows smartphones.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I will, as soon as i get the opportunity i will get one. Or as soon as my Lumia 735 dies :D
Cannot wait to change it up with an Android phone. I am so used to Windows Phone OS that i am not even sure if i would knew how to use an Android phone. But i am really missing out on A LOT of applications that i absolutely need, it is really a priority for me at this time.
Glad that you helped me out to make a decision regarding my next phone. And that said, it will be Samsung :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.