For protection against hackers, when should you not use bluetooth in your phone?

Winn04

I am thinking of buying bluetooth speaker and earphone for my smart phones for quite a long tine now, the only thing that hinders me is the thought about my security might put to risk from hackers. I have heard that not only public wi-fi are vulnerable from hackers that are trying to access other peoples phone's personal data, but using bluetooth for quite long can also post a threat to our phone. When should I not use bluetooth earphones and for how many hours can be considered safe to use bluetooth in your device?

sandraharriette

I don't think the following video explains every answer to your question:

I will say, however, that it might be a good idea to use external and removeable sources (i.e. mic) for similar reasons that bluetooth might be insecure. Whereas I think it's about being able to remotely control a phone or access sensitive information on it, a phone without a mic on it is less a remote listening device.

I have wondered about this myself. I don't like to take advice sight unseen that things are secure or insecure.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.