Essential Phone?

Alex_smith

Do you have look on Essential phone? what do you think about it? what you like and hate on this smartphone? I like this smartphone it looks professional but a thing I don't like is the appearance of camera on its screen. If they can solve this then it can become perfect.

essential phone.jpg

starmz123

I haven't been able to see it in person but I've heard very mixed reviews. From reading TechRadar's review, a Business Journal article and looking at Essential's site, here are what I can glean:

Best for people who:
  • Like modular design and/or don't want to switch phones every few years (I really support this mindset because it will reduce waste and money spent)
  • Enjoy supporting innovation and standing out from the crowd
  • Are patient enough to see where it goes
  • Plan on owning their Home system
Pros:
  • 'Click' charging using a magnetic docking station (seems almost as convenient as wireless charging)
  • Looks sleek and minimalistic. Aesthetic preference is very subjective, but personally I think the nearly-bezeless "Full Display™" screen, lack of branding and elegant metallic accents make for a beautiful phone. I am REALLY digging the colour 'Ocean Depths'!
  • Cheaper than most flagship phones ($499 USD compared to $750 for the Galaxy S8 or $649 for the Pixel XL 2)
  • Solid engineering and quality materials - The build quality is reflected in the phone's resistance to shattering or blemishes
  • Will receive Android Oreo 8.1 relatively soon and seems generally on top of updates
Cons:
TL;DR? Go for it if you don't mind the missing features! It looks gorgeous and has decent specs - not exactly top-of-the-line, but worth what you're paying for.

However, you need to have a certain mindset for the purchase to be worthwhile. Either you think you will be completely satisfied with the phone, regardless of what happens in the future (e.g. the company goes under), or you want to support phones like these because you believe in their philosophy.

In other words, how did you feel about the LG G5? If you liked it, go right ahead and get the Essential.

ElGuapo96

The rear side looks exactly like iPhone to me, but overall it looks really good. Elegant, smooth, very classy look to it. Also the black color really makes the edges stick out, giving it that attractive, expensive look. Lovely phone, would you care to elaborate on it's specifications? Is it as good as it looks? :D

tedzk26

As cool and different as it is, there isn't a fuckin' 3.5 mm jack, and so it's not by any means "essential." It's a cool idea though. They need to improve it a little bit.

Reactions: jaybee19

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
I'm with you on this. Not having an audio jack is a huge letdown for me. I find it ironic that they call it "essential" phone. :D

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
The other thing that is bad is that it is only available in USA and Canada.
So, basically 95% of the population can not get it.
I do not know how some people make phones and give them great names and then limit the customer circle to only small population of people.
I am sure there are ''smuggled'' ones all over the world, but it is always to buy it first hand and in order to get that, you need to buy it in USA/Canada which is so bad.

jaybee19

jaybee19
Sailing with you @tedzk26. I don't think any phone is essential without a headphone jack. I mean, yeah wireless headphones are the trend of today, but not everyone can afford it. I actually think it's better to just include the headphone jack instead of including a headphone adopter.

Jim15

For me it's great as a medium end phone but it's still good as a high end phone. I guess this is the first brand that comes with the bezel-less phone. It has decent looking, normal price and still a nice phone to have.

centurion

Do you have look on Essential phone? what do you think about it? what you like and hate on this smartphone? I like this smartphone it looks professional but a thing I don't like is the appearance of camera on its screen. If they can solve this then it can become perfect.

View attachment 436

This smart phone seems very much smart and beautiful. I like this smart phone. What is the name of this smart phone? Kindly describe on more details about the phone details.

Thanks
Centurion

DenisMNE

Never heard of an ''Essential phone''.
Will check it out.
Well I got to give it to them, they do have a awesome name.Who wouldn't like to own an ''Essential phone'' ? :LOL:
You got me at ''cheaper than most flagship phones''.500$ for a phone with this specifications looks good.
I doubt they have it in the country where I live, though.
I don't like that they do not have an audio jack.

Last edited:
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views