Clean out junk files in Windows 10

DenisMNE

Hello, forum members !

A lot of us surf a lot and, occasionally, download some stuff that can damage our computer and fill it out with junk files.
I will guide you trough the simple process of deleting them with applications provided by Microsoft.

Process is simple, so follow me:

Step 1: Open your Windows taskbar.

Step2: Search for ''Disk cleanup''

diskcleanupsearch.PNG

Step 3: Choose a driver from which you want to delete junk files and press ''OK''
download (1).png

Step 4: Select the files you want to delete and press ''Clean up System files''

download (2).png

Very easy and simple.
Let us know in the comments did it help you !

EfficientNinja

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
I downloaded CC cleaner two days ago since I am having major issues with the speed of my laptop.
It is so slow and I downloaded it and I cleaned the junk using the method provided in the thread since I wanted to help out those who might have the same problem.
CCleaner is awesome.

Reactions: EfficientNinja

gconcha

gconcha
Thank you for the tips! This is definitely going to be helpful for me in the event the laptop that I am currently using slows down. I haven't had much stuff installed as of now so it is still working fine.
However it says Windows 10, I have an old laptop that is running on Windows 8 and is extremely slow especially when it is opening up programs like Chrome, Office etc.. I will try downloading CC cleaner, I wonder will the procedure @DenisMNE posted work in Windows 8? I have saved movies and series in that laptop and I have already deleted a lot of it. Will highly appreciate the response!

Fishbate

If you have a secondary partition on your HDD you can make it as a path for your downloaded files so that your C:\ Drive will not be pre occupied and save a lot of space. Some of the C:\ drive memory is also used as virtual RAM by the system that's why it is wise to leave the C:\ drive for the systems consumption only.

Having a secondary partition or HDD as a file storage will also help you protect your files if your primary partition or C:\ drive is corrupt.

I hope this helps:coffee:!

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
Great suggestion! This is a must, especially for SSD users. To increase the lifetime of an SSD, you shouldn't do much writing on it.

We should only leave the operating system and some program files on drive C:\ or the SSD.

And data files like movies, pictures, games that don't need fast reading speeds, music, etc. should be kept on drive D:\ or a different partition from the SSD. :D

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
I followed the instructions provided by the thread and what I heard from you, guys, and my computer has been like it was few days ago.
I had over 10GB of junk files.

Kayel

@DenisMNE Just tried it and it's awesome! My laptop used to be fast but recently it frequently lag and I don't know what's the culprit. Thanks for this tip! Will also check the ccleaner as @EfficientNinja suggested. Thanks to you guys!

Dracindo

I'll keep this little guide somewhere close by. I have no troubles with my computer, and a regular un-dusting procedure usually fixes any form of lag, but it couldn't hurt to do this every now and then as well.
Thanks for the guide.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.