Best Samsung phone

ElGuapo96

In your own opinion, what would be the absolute best Samsung phone ever made?
We can make some categories to make things a bit easier for you to make this decision.
Let the categories be:
Camera
RAM
Memory
CPU
Battery
Display

Hopefully this will make things easier. It would be even more awesome if you could list the best phone regarding each category and then the absolute best one overall. :)

starmz123

I might do a comprehensive overview later, but for now, I'll provide my own answers to these categories:
  • 1520675255104.png
    Battery -
    S8 Active. It packs a whopping 4000mAH battery that just about lasts 11 hours. Its battery is bigger than those found in both the S8+ and S9+ and lasts longer than both (ironic, since the S9+ doesn't last as long as the S8+)! However, it's possible that the Galaxy Note 8 actually lasts longer despite having a 3300mAH battery, as seen in this test. This could be down to energy efficiency, screen brightness and processing power. Cnet also reported that the S8+ lasts for 18 hours but I don't think that's definitive since I don't know how they're testing the battery - and I'm not even sure a standardised battery testing procedure has been developed yet!

• 1520675345285.png
    Display
    - Hands-down, the S9+! Its OLED HD+ 6.2" display is vivid and colourful while still being pretty easy to hold - useful if you're watching movies on the go. And it does this while being bezeless and curvy as usual ;)

• 1520675778297.png
    Memory
    - The Galaxy Note 8 (Intl.) can have 256GB internal storage! Sorry, US folks - this is only available internationally, but that sounds amazing to me. Plus, of course, you can have expandable storage - up to 256GB. So you can have half a terabyte on your phone! Who says you need a backup HDD?

• 1520676195068.png
    Camera -
    This is difficult ... I'd say the S9/+ improved Samsung's already-great cameras. If you enjoy taking videos, you'll love the many features Samsung packs in (check out the slow-mo!) while retaining the excellent specs of the Galaxy Note 8, including its dual cameras. The S8 still has an excellent camera that is extremely similar, but it lacks dual aperture and has reduced noise reduction
I hope this was useful! Are you considering buying a Samsung?

Reactions: Admin and ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Great insight, very good stuff. It's really weird how the best battery only lasts for around 18 hours which is like half the lasting time of my phone, even though i have an old and dusty Lumia :D
Yea, that is one of my options. But i'm most certainly leaning over to the Samsung side. That is why i need all this info, so my choice would be easier to make.
You most definitely helped me in some way, you directed towards the best of the best.

Do you have any specific recommendation regarding the Samsung phones?

starmz123

starmz123
Huh, your phone lasts over a full day's use??? Only Nokias, I suppose! My phone doesn't last a full day of web browsing, even though I put it in moderate power saving and 0% brightness.

Hmm, I've only really used the S7 Edge, which was very sleek and nice although, like most new phones, it slowed down after about a year of use. I guess I would personally go for the S9/+ because I like to have new flagships. :)

Of course, if I really had the choice, I wouldn't buy Samsung at all! :d

Martinsx

There are countless Samsung phones that have been produced till date and what I can say about any of these products is that with a new brand comes an upgrade from the specifications the former one had. I can remember back in my college days when my first Samsung phone product was an open and close brand. I can't really remember the model now because it's being very long time ago and I can easily say back then that it's the best Samsung product ever made until android devices came into existence.

Looking at lots of Samsung Android phones that are in the market today, I would say that Samsung Galaxy J7 which I happen to have been closely associated with is the best because it's what is available to me and I can't be giving reviews on any products that I'm yet to use.

Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with these features :
3600 battery capacity mAh
Screen size of 5.50 inches
1.6GHz octa-core processor
3GB RAM
16GB Internal memory
13 megapixel Rear and front camera
LED Rear Flash
Android 7.0

These specifications rocks 100% for me although I'm looking at getting one with at least 5GB RAM.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Oh wow, that phone is an absolute monster.
That is so ridiculous, i can't even imagine people using it's whole potential. 1.6 GHz octa core is mind boggling :D
It has more RAM than my laptop, don't know how to feel about that :D
Why do you even need a phone with a 5GB RAM? That seems like an overkill if you ask me.
Even for a gaming phone that is really, really strong.

Martinsx

Martinsx
You actually mean that your laptop RAM is less than 3GB? That's very poor of the system, if I may ask, what's the laptop brand?

The reason why I want a device with 5GB RAM is because of my experience with low RAM devices and the frustration I have experienced using them, I never want to witness such a problem with any new device that I'm making use of. It's better the RAM is more than enough than it's not sufficient enough to handle the work load I would give it.

I play lots of games and some of them are huge file games that would consume lots of the RAM space when playing, so it's more better to have a bigger RAM for my gaming task.

Emmaz

Emmaz
I'm glad to see another Samsung galaxy J7 user in the community, I'm certain it's definitely not going to be only me that makes use of such high quality phone product of Samsung company. I started out with Tecno and Infinix android phones but when I upgraded to Samsung devices, I realized that I had been in hell for far too long ever since I was stuck with Tecno and Infinix products. Samsung phones aren't far from iOS devices when it comes to its specifications and features, the only distinct difference between the two company's products is the price.

Reactions: Chris Crocker

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
So you are saying that you are content with that phone? Can you share some more experience with it? Is it durable, reliable, how long does the battery last, does it start lagging quickly?
Also saying that Samsung phones aren't far from iOS is a huge statement considering how good iOS devices are! Care to elaborate on that topic a little bit more?
Thanks in advance

Emmaz

Emmaz
Yes of course, I'm very contented with using Samsung Galaxy J7. It literally serves all my phone purposes without any form of complaints. Even though the battery capacity is only 3600 mAh, it doesn't drain fast except when it comes to watching movies with it, then it is almost impossible for it to serve me a whole day without going off.

The 3GB RAM size makes the phone speed something special. This is the part I love so much because it bugs me whenever my device hangs or takes too long to respond when I use it. This is one peculiar experience that I always had with my previous phone but now I have nothing to complain so far since I started using Samsung Galaxy J7.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
"Battery capacity is only 3600mAh" :D
My current smartphone battery is like 2000, probably even less, you are not being too modest :D
That huge capacity and it still cannot last a full day, that doesn't sound too good to be honest.
Gigantic RAM is definitely a huge plus but i don't really think i need a phone that strong, it seems like an overkill...

ion

I think for me is the Samsung Galaxy S8. It has an all round Infinity Display, which means the phone screen slides seamlessly to the sides of the phone. It also has a headphone jack, unlike its main rivals from Apple. It is water and dust resistant and features 64GB of internal storage. The S8 also has security features from the standard fingerprint scanner to iris and facial recognition, and has brought in the Bixby virtual assistant which now includes voice control. The voice control is a little limited compared to what you can get from Siri.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Can you explain that Infinity Display thing a little bit better, please?
What do you exactly mean by "screen slides seamlessly to the sides of the phone", i don't think i can quite picture that in my head :D
Thank god that it has headphone jack. I find it so annoying when a monstrous phone doesn't have headphone jack, which for me is one of the most important things, since i'm a die hard music fan :D
To be completely honest, that voice control thing is kinda silly anyways. I haven't really met a person that uses it seriously, it's mostly for fun and for goofing around.

ion

ion
The infinity display is just basically the screen, how it pours over the edges of the phone, but more gradually than previous edge devices.
it's sets a new standard for uninterrupted, immersive experiences. It enables an expanded screen size without necessitating a larger phone. So while the view is grander, it's also essentially offers an edge-to-edge picture-viewing experience, practically covering the entire front portion of the phone.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Oh wow, that is some next level futuristic stuff, that is absolutely beautiful. Probably one of the most beautiful features i have ever seen in a phone. I heard recently from my friend that his phone, with same feature has had some issues. Like for instance, that edge screen feature started lagging his phone and eventually the edges just kind of died off. Basically stopped working. Weird stuff, wish they would fix it and make it more durable :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads