Where is screenshot

Lazard

Hi !
On my old phone, whenever I wanted to take a screenshot of my screen, I just pressed the power button until a menu popped up with functionalities like "Power off", "Reboot", "Airplane mode" and most importantly "Screenshot".

I cannot find this option on my new phone, anyone have an idea ?

wallet

The first thing is to tell us what is your phone, is an android an iPhone, or an old phone as Nokia 3310.
On the new phones you can capture a screenshot by simultaneously pressing home and the power/lock for a few seconds, I have a Samsung Galaxys7 and this is the procedure I am using.

Martinsx

Depending on the kind of Android device you are using, there are ways to get a screen shot.

You can press the power button with either the + or - sign of the volume and the device would take a screen shot.

You can scroll down the phone head bar and you will see the screen shot tab, just tap it and it would take a screen shot.
Screenshot_2018-05-17-10-20-30.png

Reactions: Lazard

Lazard

Lazard
Thanks a lot !
Power + Volume Down worked for me and thanks to you, I discovered "hidden" features in the menu along the screenshot button like Cafeine !

By the way, what's your OS ? It looks very nice, is it free ?

Martinsx

Martinsx
You are welcome once again @Lazard, I'm always happy to help you discover new features in your device.

I'm currently using Android 6.0 Marshmallow software for Camon C8. I recently upgraded to it and I'm enjoying it very well.

Winn04

It differs with the specific android brand and model you are using, some are from the power button + the volume key plus or minus and some are in the power button and home key.

bleach123

What's the brand and model of your phone? To do screenshots for new models,just press the power button and low volume button simultaneously. Hope this will help.

vpatella

It says there are 6 replies but I can't see them, anyways first we need to know what type of phone you are using

Martinsx

Martinsx
Most times, if you scroll down your phone screen, it's always in the icon task seen there but if it's not, then it's mostly inscribed in shortcut of volume and and power button.

Foneposter

Taking a screenshot depends on the model of the phone. Usually it's a combination of pressing the power and volume keys. For my Oppo phone, there is a feature called "gesture screenshot" where you can take a screenshot by swiping three fingers on your screen downwards.

gesture-screenshot.jpg

Martinsx

Martinsx
Yes, this information is very correct. I have seen some phone models that comes with the features of drawing three fingers down the front screen and it would automatically take a screen shot.

wilyhamarens

Hi, it depends with your phone's features so I suggest to search for steps only. For example, "How to do a sceenshot on iPhone". You can also directly check the manual and find the screenshot section. Make sure to double check the storage so you can easily locate it. You can do it!

cheeto

It depends on what is your phone model. In my case my phone is HTC Evo and i don't have that option when i am trying to do screenshot on my phone screen. Why don't you try to press the power button and the upper volume of your phone whenever your trying to take a screenshot. or try to check your settings on how to capture your phone screen in different ways,

Racky18

if you push the power button alone i doubt if you could execute an screen shot.If i were you just try to find the manual of your old phone,and there read the instruction on how to do an screen shot.But if you lost the manual operation of your old phone and can not find it.Just google the brand name of your phone an ask for online manual operation of your phone.

Dracindo

What works for me, is holding down the volume up and power button. That makes a screenshot on my Huawei P10 Mini. Then I just open up my galaxy and tap the screenshot folder, where I will find my screenshot, as well as my other screenshots. It was quite annoying at first, because holding down the power button used to give me the option for a screenshot, but this one will only give me the option to shut down or restart my smartphone. I had to figure it myself, but the way I need to do it now works faster, so I'm no longer complaining.

Valerie Green

Try googling out that, how to take screenshot in your phone(brand and model).

As every smartphone has different option to take selfies.

Or try some apps which allows taking screenshots like ScreenMaster, Screen Touch etc

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.