what is the your most preferred yet not so expensive camera for blogging?

jeanette30

My friends and I are planning to create video contents for a social media site. So last week tried to shoot our first video clip but sadly we are not happy with the result because of the not so good quality. The reason is we are only using a phone in that video, so we have decide to find a camera that could give us better quality. Our vlogs are most about adventure and traveling in different place so we also need a camera that is durable. We have look for cameras online and we like this two camera, the Canon EOS 70D and Go pro Hero 5.
What do you think is a better camera for an adventurous bloggers? Fell free to suggest.

Attachments

• Canon-70D.jpg
    Canon-70D.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23
  • GoPro-Hero-5.jpg
    GoPro-Hero-5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 24

Joey Mercado

My friends and I are planning to create video contents for a social media site. So last week tried to shoot our first video clip but sadly we are not happy with the result because of the not so good quality. The reason is we are only using a phone in that video, so we have decide to find a camera that could give us better quality. Our vlogs are most about adventure and traveling in different place so we also need a camera that is durable. We have look for cameras online and we like this two camera, the Canon EOS 70D and Go pro Hero 5.
What do you think is a better camera for an adventurous bloggers? Fell free to suggest.

Wow! So we are expecting a New Faces of Vlogger in the Vlogging World. However , I might not be a Vlogger personally but I like also to captures best moments of every experience for we all know that was a Priceless one. And I feel you that when the quality of the video is not acceptable on our sight what about in the viewers? Right?! So I would like to suggest you and I am hoping that this site can help you with your questions. Just let me know If it helps . And looking forward for your future Vlogs.

You can try this :

or How about this?

https://collectivedge.com/blog/top-10-best-budget-cameras-for-bloggers/

Thank you

puregrace

I would recommend Sony cameras in case you want to do videos for blogging. Sony has the best hardware and can be easily take along while travelling. No matter how much dust it has to handle, it will still keep working and gives best video clips.

I have been using a couple of Sony devices for photography and small video clips for my websites. Videography can be done in an excellent way using Sony cameras. I have tried Canon, Nikon and many other smartphones and small cameras for making videos. The final decision related to hardware and video quality was Sony.

kurtricatura

Hi! I'm a gig or concert photographer and I don't vlog that much but I have quite a lot of suggestion for cameras AND lenses. To be honest, for adventurous vlogging, GoPros and digital cameras with a flip screen are your best bet. I've used the Canon G7x Mark II which is on the expensive side BUT it's cheaper than the Canon 70d and works better for vlogging because of its weight. The lens is not detachable in the G7x unlike the Canon 70d which is detachable but you don't exactly need this option. You can also take a look at mirrorless cameras like the Canon EOS M10 or the M3 (I like these better because the lens are detachable and as a photographer, you'd totally want that however the M3 is relatively more expensive). The G7x is somewhat considered as the "holy grail" for vlogging specially by most vloggers however for extreme adventures you might need an action camera as well such as a GoPro or any action camera that has almost the same specs.

My specific advice: Get a Canon EOS M10 and an action camera. Invest in a wider lens for travel shoots if you want to. But you can always opt for a non-upgrade camera like the G7x.

Fishbate

I just use my smartphone camera for making videos, you just need a little practice on taking your shots and of course you need to buy some accessories to make handling much more efficient. The other thing is editing, there are videos that are basically taken from smartphones but the end result is outstanding because of the way the video is made.

Racky18

Before you decide which camera you would like to buy guys,it all boils down to do some research about a certain brand of camera you intend to buy.How to operate the camera how to attached and detached the lenses?how long the battery can last What's the capability of that camera in terms of its function can it shot 5 meters away. If you take a shot with that distance can the auto focus make the object clearer?Is it light and handy to carry?Is it durable all those quality of a certain brand of camera you have to consider including the warranty,then if it so then go for it buy without hesitation.

tbymrtn

It would be good to have two cameras, much like the 70D and the GoPro you mentioned above. If you could, go smaller, perhaps with a highly capable compact like the Sony RX100 series or Panasonic LX100 or even the Canon M series as your main camera. This will lighten your load significantly while delivering excellent quality. You also will not hesitate to pull it out nor will it look intimidating to human subjects on your adventure.
For your second camera, I suggest a 360 camera like the GoPro Fusion or the Rylo. These will give you an entirely different view of your adventure and may add the unique shots you need to differentiate your vlog's visuals.
Lastly, whatever gear you decide on, the important thing is to practice on it constantly, that way you familiarize yourself with it enough so you don't miss those once in a lifetime shots.

auradominique

I'm on youtube and I do have the Nikon D5100, our first SLR camera that I use on my first vlogs, but then it's too heavy and at the time we bought it, it cost almost Php 35,000.00 with bag, tripod and 8 gb memory card. Resolution wise, it's good, it depends on how you render your video after editing, but you can clearly hear noise on the audio. I do think you need to buy a separate mic with filter to reduce or probably remove the noise.

Now there are more compact, mirrorless cameras perfect for vlogging because it's lightweight, you can easily talk and do stuff while holding your camera. I've been eyeing the Canon G7x mark ii as my dream vlog camera. I've seen multiple reviews about it, being compared to Sony alpha series which nearly cost the same. It's mall price ranges between 30,000 - 35,000. Some online stores offers it for lower price but I'm not 100% sure it's legit.

If you want a cheaper one, you can also check Canon Eos M10. It ranges from 15,000 - 20,000. Same goes with Fujifilm ax10, but for Fujifilm, I would recommend it for photos and not videos, I've seen some video outputs of Fujifilm ax10/3 and I'm not really liking it.

If you also want to get underwater shots, nature, views and the like, you might also want to consider action cameras. I know GoPro has released their latest model but as we all know, it cost a fortune to buy just the camera and you still need to buy accessories. You can check Xiaomi 4k or SJCam (the latest one), it's cheaper than GoPro but the outputs are not bad. I owned an Sjcam 6 legend and it does look fine. you can check my video :
I just accidentally broke it after this trip :(
I now own (pre-owned) Gopro hero 4, bought it for cheaper price of course. :)

Anyway, there are also accessories that'll help you take a good video of anything, like tripods, gorilla pods, anti-shake pod/ stabilizer. And whatever camera you use to shoot, make sure that when you edit, you choose the right resolution as you render the video. And practice! I'm in no position to tell you this because I got a lazy ass when it comes to editing and posting consistently on youtube but yeah, practice makes perfect, and I'm sure you'll make a quality content!! Goodluck :)

Last edited:

XyferXyrus

Camera for blogging? Well, I would suggest the best camera for you, believe me! My friend has this unit and it was so amazing. It is a Sony Alpha A7R III. Guys the price is not affordable for sure, it is quite expensive but in terms of durability, a high quality camera, you can have it all. I am dreaming to have like this someday.

Attachments

• sony a7r.jpg
    sony a7r.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 22

rdaniel14

Mirrorless cameras are the new trend today especially for vloggers. They prefer this mirrorless than DSLR because it is more convenient to use and carry. Entry level mirrorless camera are good for vlogging especially for beginners. I recommend buying the Fujifilm XT-100. Compared to its competitors, it has better 4k video results and raw pictures are extremely great. It has a touchscreen which can be also flipped to take selfies or for vlogging. It has also a headphone jack where you can connect an external microphone for better audio.

Nethmanila

I recommend Canon G7x Mark II it's more cheaper than DSLR camera. It is easy and comfortable to use specially when you are taking a blog outdoors. It's handy and light weight so I recommend it specially for the girls.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies