There's a motor on your smartphone!

Fishbate

Yup a motor on your smartphone:p! Your probably thinking, what the hell is it doing there?

Smartphones are made to interact with humans, to do so they must have functions that covers sensing the user abilities. In this case smartphones uses the hearing (voice call) and the sight (screen interface)capability to interact with the user.
But what if these two senses are compromised.... When you go to parties and concerts there is a possibility that the surrounding noise affects the two senses. Too focus on the event that you may miss a call or a message notification .

That is why smartphone designers introduced the touch sensing ability... genius!:geek:
This is why we have a motor on our smartphones!

The function of this motor is very significant , these things attached to a certain part of the phone's motherboard produces a powerful vibrating effect that a user can feel and get notified in the process. We call it "Vibrate Mode"
1517730072196.png

Measuring from 6 to 12 mm these motors are so tiny yet so powerful.
They also come in different forms, some of them are pcb mounted and coin "pancake" types.

1517730406082.png

These tiny things are also called Micro drives, runs only on 1.3 vdc rated voltage with a 70mA rated current. Guess what it runs in a staggering 9,000~12,000+/-2000 RPM (revolution per minute)...and that's a lot of speed!

So much technology just to give you vibration;)!!
Have a good day guys.....

ElGuapo96

I am getting chills just thinking about how phones are going to look in about 5-10 years. I remember when i was a kid, touchscreen was such a mystery, a thing of future. Nowadays we have 6 mm, 12,000 RPM MOTORS in our phones, that is so crazy. One question, when were these motors implemented?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.