Smartphone's Battery: How the leading brands deal with it?

LoloyCabiling

One of the essential component of a good smartphone is the capacity and the performance of its battery. I for one, usually check the phone's battery capacity before deciding on buying a unit. Is it an assurance that a huge battery capacity declared in the specification is what you actually get?

azilabZil

Battery capacity however long its life span is, if your a techie person or a game addict it will not last for a day. If your transactions either personal or business matter is via phone you will definitely need a power bank just to be sure of the hassle if your phone is low of charge. You are truly right @LoloyCabiling that it is an essential for a good smartphone to have that long battery capacity to be able to satisfy and meet the consumers need.

Fishbate

One of the essential component of a good smartphone is the capacity and the performance of its battery. I for one, usually check the phone's battery capacity before deciding on buying a unit. Is it an assurance that a huge battery capacity declared in the specification is what you actually get?

In my opinion the battery capacity specification is a way to know what are we getting. Sometimes we only see it as numbers....the higher the number the better:giggle:..this includes me.

There was a time a friend ask me, "bud is this good? (pertaining to a smartphone), i said "na... choose another one with the same specification with higher battery capacity". Then she asked "why?" i just said the higher the number the longer you can use". I was not expecting it.... but she asked again "why?", i just don't know what to say:LOL:. So i said "just ask the customer representative...;)

I was embarrassed so i did some research.:unsure:
Battery specification is described with mAH or "milli-Ampere-hours" Basically mAH rating defines the ability of the mobile battery to perform for a specific period, typically one hour.

For instance, a 1000 mAH battery is capable of providing 100 milliamps for a period of 10 hours, and a battery with 2000 mAH capacity can supply similar volume of current for a period of 20 hours. The larger the number of mAH rating on the battery, the less frequent would be the need to recharge the phone. :unsure: So...we are right! the higher the number the better:LOL:.

Now it doesn't mean that the battery will stay at that capacity forever, the specifications given by the manufacturer are designed specifications meaning that its only ideal. There are different factors that affects the performance of a battery, like temperature, discharge rate and heat.

Back to my friend...eventually we meet again and explained to her about mAH and it's relation to battery...yes my integrity is redeemed:devilish:.

So if someone asks about smartphone battery ,"the higher the number the better":ROFLMAO:

have a good day....

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
spb
Replies
Views
spb

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.