Question Google play services update?

aceofadsense

Hello! I recently received the December security update. However, my Play Services update is stuck on October 1st. My friend, who also has a Google Pixel 6 on Verizon, has had the November Play Services update for a while now, and her phone is in the process of updating to the December security update. Is there any way to force my Play Services update to catch up? It's frustrating to have a top-of-the-line phone that's only a year old, and Google is supposed to be the best.

BillEssley

It's not uncommon for Play Services updates to roll out at different times for different devices, carriers, or regions. In some cases, it may take a few days or even weeks for the update to become available for your specific device.

One thing you can try is clearing the cache and data for the Google Play Services app. This can sometimes help force an update to appear. To do this, go to your device's Settings app, then to Apps & notifications > See all apps > Google Play Services > Storage & cache. From there, you can clear the cache and data for the app.

Another option is to manually install the latest version of Play Services from an APK file. However, this can be risky and may cause issues with your device if you're not familiar with the process. It's recommended to only attempt this if you have experience with installing APK files and understand the risks involved.

If neither of these options work, you may need to wait for the update to become available for your specific device and region. In the meantime, you can check for updates manually by going to your device's Settings app, then to System > Advanced > System update. If an update is available, it should appear here for you to download and install.

Hope it helps!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.