Pixel 2 Gorilla glass

ElGuapo96

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on this feature? What is exactly is gorilla glass and what purpose does it serve? What is is made of, how much more expensive phone is because of it? I have heard some stuff about it and basically wherever i turn people are talking about it. I would love to know something more so if you have any experience or knowledge regarding gorilla glass let me know.
This is purely informative so don't be shy to try and help me out, thanks in advance :)

Kayel

Hi there... I'm not a pro here but I'll just share some things I know about it. Gorilla glass is a cover glass for mobile phones and tablets. It is said to be scratch-resistant and also more durable and doesn't break easily, you know, that kind of thing when you accidentally drop your phone and it's glass shattered into pieces? (heartbreaking!) With gorilla glass, it won't, though it might have cracks on it (if it really fell that bad). Based on experience, gorilla glass is true to it claims. I bought my Oppo R7Plus two years ago. Though how cautious I am when using my phone, but with kids around dropping it can't be prevented. Yes my Oppo R7 plus had already fell several times from tables and stairs, and it was even thrown by my toddler. Thankfully, it's still intact. though the last time it fell and badly hit the edge, it got some cracks but still didn't affect my phone's performance. I can compare it to my Samsung S8+ (not a gorilla glass), my preschooler was using it and he accidentally fell from his knees and the phone hitting the floor face down, so there, my S8+ screen was doomed! Haven't had it fixed until now because it is really pricey! So now, whenever buying a phone I also take into consideration if it's display screen is made of a gorilla glass or not.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Every type of protective glass is breakable, though, but yeah, this glass can sure take more than your screen. Just make sure that when it starts having cracks, you better prepare to buy a new on or remove before it fully breaks.
Don't want to think about the glass shattering all over the floor or randomly in your pockets.

shaknaks10

Not sure if it's is required for all, Most phones get destroyed from internal damage instead of screen though.

Racky18

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on this feature? What is exactly is gorilla glass and what purpose does it serve? What is is made of, how much more expensive phone is because of it? I have heard some stuff about it and basically wherever i turn people are talking about it. I would love to know something more so if you have any experience or knowledge regarding gorilla glass let me know.
This is purely informative so don't be shy to try and help me out, thanks in advance :)

Racky18

In the manufacturer perspective why most of them uses gorilla glass either top brand maker of phone to the least popular brand or maker.Aside from it is Scratch free it will not break into tiny bits of pieces when incidentally fall on the ground. Gorilla glass is sensitive or responsive meaning when you touch the screen it will quickly respond right away when you open your phone and its application it will do,just a split of a seconds.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads