Longest battery life android smartphone 2018?

TheGodfather

Hello!
I am a big gamer on my Samsung 5s but sometimes the battery drains too much while I play.
I was looking to upgrade to something better.
Which android smartphones have the best battery life ?
I am trying to get one if it has a battery life of at least 3 hours playing time with full capacity.
Any phones like that out there ?
Thank you.

Fishbate

Well in terms of capacity , the higher mAh of the smartphones battery specification the longer hours of usage. There are smartphone models nowadays that goes up to 5300mAh, normal battery usually goes from 2000mAh - 3500mAh.

You can check some new models here with high battery specifications:
https://www.techradar.com/news/clone-top-smartphones-of-2018-with-big-batteries

If you want to save some money, i suggest a portable charger for extra power... if your smartphone still functions fine.

I hope this helps:coffee:!

Dracindo

Dracindo
Would suggest the same thing: Get a powerbank or keep your smartphone plugged in. I know it can be annoying to play when a cable is plugged in, but it's all I can help you with.

Also, it's not really recommended to play games for 3 hours non-stop. I don't want to sound like your average anti-gaming mom, but take enough breaks in between.

TheGodfather

Thank you for the link provided.
Do you have any favorites of yours ?
3 hours playing, full capacity battery would be great.
If you, do let me know.
I am checking out the link.

Fishbate

I don't have any particular brands or model in my favorite list but i have been using SAMSUNG smartphones for my personal use. In order for you to calculate the power rating of your phone you should check the specification of your phone. Its usually written on the battery itself or in the manual provided by the manufacturer

You can try using battery calculators online that is very helpful in determining your phone battery capability. Again you need to have the information coming from your phones specifications.

Here's are some battery calculators for your reference...
https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-battery-life
http://referencedesigner.com/cal/cal_54.php

I hope this helps:coffee:!

EfficientNinja

TheGodfather

TheGodfather
There is no way I could believe that a phone can have almost 17 hours of a battery life.
That is insane.
What I find funny is that phones that hit that 10+ hours mark are usually not those that advertise the most like Samsung and Apple.
I wonder what makes these phones last so long.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
It is because they pay attention more to the performance.
Looks is not their top priority.They want their phones to last, since, when you think about it, 10 years ago those types of phones were selling in hundreds of millions of copies all around the world, so it is no wonder why are ''modern'' phones like that still popular.Not just iPhone and Samsung.

TheGodfather

TheGodfather
Yeah, no one can argue that the performance is at their top list.
It is all business, it will always stay like that.
We will always wonder why are some phones priced this much or that much, like with any other thing.
High battery life is necessary if you use your phone a lot, and if you do not, you do not need to pay extra for a good battery.

kgord

I too would love to add a high capacity battery phone to my wish list. I have a lower end LG phone and it seems like I spend my life charging my phone battery. I am always consumed by how much battery I have and how fast it is draining. I love LG but not the battery issue.

bienn05

Asus Max series has a pretty huge battery. I think it is 5000 mah. It is good for watching movies, and playing games for longer period. Of course, charging it will also be longer than usual. I think Lenovo also has phones that has higher than 5000 mah. I don't know if it is legit 5000+ mah. Asus phones are good for gaming because of the large battery capacity.

kshelley

I, too once had a Samsung 5s. At first I think, generally Samsung batteries are long lasting until you often charge it while using it because that mainly destroys the battery's life. I think you have to focus on the quality of graphics your screen can provide and then later on purchase a new unit of a phone that's been reviewed as remarkable on gaming experience and use it correctly. You know like charge it when the battery's really almost dead and not to take it out of the charger until it is full.

juliehaney1976

I Phone XR has four hours of gaming time, I am not sure if you would prefer moving over to a I phone, but this seems like a good route if you are looking for good quality and game time.

chi92

I would recommend Nokia. They are underrated and still struggling to get on the market since that Windows fiasco, so they are not expensive, but they are still Nokia. So if you are willing to try something different, I would definitely recommend one of their phones. Nokia 7.1 has great 3000 mah battery. It has good duration and it still charges fairly quickly

rheez95

Hello!
I am a big gamer on my Samsung 5s but sometimes the battery drains too much while I play.
I was looking to upgrade to something better.
Which android smartphones have the best battery life ?
I am trying to get one if it has a battery life of at least 3 hours playing time with full capacity.
Any phones like that out there ?
Thank you.
I suggest you to try the Xiaomi Pocophone F1. It's a very powerful device but affordable at the same time. It has 4000 mAH that can lasts for two days. As you said, you're a gamer well this is perfect for you because it has SD845 processor. It's a very snappy device.

mcnasci24

I have heard that the new Xiaomi phones have a long battery life. You might want to check out the specs of several Xiami phones. Perhaps you'll find what you're looking for!

HelenR

There are many android smartphones that have great battery life, but it also depends on how you use them and what settings you choose.

According to ome, the Asus ROG Phone 6 Pro has a 6,000 mAh battery that lasted for 15 hours and 30 minutes on their test with adaptive refresh rate on. If you turn off the adaptive refresh rate and lock the phone at 60Hz, the battery life extends even further — the phone lasted nearly an hour longer on their test, nearly reaching the 16.5-hour mark. That’s impressive!

Also, you can consider the vivo X90 Pro, which has a 4,870mAh battery with 120W charging and 50W wireless charging. It also has a 6.56-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and a Snapdragon 888+ processor. That sounds like a powerful device for gaming.

And, the Realme GT Neo 3 150W, which has a 5,000mAh battery with an incredible 150W charging speed that can fully charge the phone in just 12 minutes. It also has a 6.62-inch AMOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and a Snapdragon 888 processor. That’s amazing!

These are just some of the android smartphones that have excellent battery life. You can check out more details and reviews online before you make your decision.

I hope this helps!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.