LG G6 or Nokia 8 - which is the right one for me?

LG G6 or Nokia 8?

• Total voters

kondziu124

Hello everyone,
I've been reading alot recently and thinking about getting a new phone. To begin with I'd like to stick only to LG G6 or Nokia 8, after lots of reading I think these 2 (in current price point) will mostly suit my needs. However, I can't buy 2 of them and I have to choose one. This might look sometimes as a monologue, like I was talking to myself or having a battle between my own thoughts and just thinking out loud, but it's really a call for help and some guidance.
So, which one is better in your oppinion and why? I direct this question mostly to the owners of these 2 phones especially.

After some time of doing research on my own my conclusions are the following:
Nokia 8 has worse quality rear camera photos in good/bad light, but has just received a new pro camera mode (which kinda helps with taking better looking photos in different conditions - it seems that mono camera has started helping the normal cam with taking better quality, better looking pics. Just saw a new review of this mode on youtube - this, let's say submode is called the 'twin' mode and helps in low/lower light conditions noticeably according ot the author, but does it really help with good/bad light conditions, does the image look better and sharper overall or not? I tend to take alot of photos/videos outside in different conditions and places or during concerts. Does this pro mode/twin mode really help? On the other hand the LG6 still has better rear camera combo in taking quality photos, 'pro', I mean 'manual' options and recording videos etc. Nokia’s got OZO function, which can help in capturing sounds from different angles on the other hand(good at concerts and such).
I don't really care about front-facing camera pic quality as I don't take many selfies and I won't be using any of these 'bothie' functions. Maybe take a couple of selfies once or twice in a month and that’s it.

In terms of looks, I don't have anything against the 'older' looks of Nokia 8, but the G6 kinda catches my eyes better is more elegant and the front panel looks much better.

As we dive deeper, we find the hardware/software specs.
Obviously Nokia 8 has better processor and graphics, but it's not a jump of 3 generations, these specs are just slightly better (about 5k points difference in Antutu score AFAIK) so I wouldn't mind having something slightly worse, but with other better functions. I really often play games on my phone like Pokemon GO, Jurassic World Alive and I'd like to play some other more demanding games, but my current phone has already reached it's limits - I mean my LG G3. I think that the difference in gaming between G6 and Nokia 8 shouldn't be considered as something really big and important - please correct me if I'm wrong. If I’m going to feel a big difference in fps, let me know.

In terms of software – Nokia, as promised is going to get newer versions of Android and faster (Oreo 8.1 by now), LG’s just received Oreo 8.0 (seems to have helped with some issues, phone is faster and less laggy) and I don’t really know if they’re going to provide newer versions, but maybe…I should have more faith in LG. I like both UIs - the clean/clear Nokia and more ‘junk apps’ filled LG one.

How about music quality then, especially the headphone one? I’m not an audiophile, I don’t have a headphones for 200 bucks, neither hearing of a professional musician, but for example I can’t imagine going even for a 5 minute walk outside without my headphones on. I’ve been always listening to music a lot. Which phone has better headphone jack, sound quality and eq functions? Also, if we speak about sound - which of these 2 phones sound better when we're calling or recording a video outside/inside?

Now, I'd like to focus on some additional things like phones being waterproof/dustproof. The LG G6 has obviously better mark of IP68. Checked a lot of videos covering this topic recently and I think it’s caught my attention. Some may just call this a ‘toy for kids’, being able to play on this phone during bath etc., but for me it’s really important as I love swimming and snorkeling (I’m an Aquarius if someone believes in horoscopes here ) , cycling during heavy rain or just playing with my phone when I’m having a bath or a shower and thanks to it I’d be able to take pictures/record videos underwater finally and use this phone without the need of going bananas if it’s going to sink and ‘die’ or not. The Nokia 8 has only mark of IP54 which means it’s only splash/dust resistant so there won’t be much fun during situations mentioned earlier.

If I missed something like battery life, DPI, screen resolution or fingerprint sensor functionality I did it on purpose as I tried to mention the most important aspects to me.

So, which of these phones shall be better for me? Which has a ‘brighter’ future and where is more sense of buying one? I can get both of them for as low as 230EUR/270USD now.

I think that most of you already know the answer which phone should I choose cause maybe I’ve answered this question to myself already in this sort of ‘review’, but I need some support.

I wish to thank all of you in advance!

Last edited:

hstinscdln

Nokia 8 is a faster than the LG G6 and is on par with Samsung Galaxy S8 in terms of performance. If you are more of a mobile photographer, the G6's wide angle camera is one to boast. But if you a more superb performance, a probably more future-proof device, go with the Nokia 8.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.