iOS losing it's popularity?

ElGuapo96

I was wondering why does it seem like the Apple products are slowly falling off? Maybe the statistics are showing a different story, but in the last time all i am ever hearing are people talking bad about iOS, complaining, giving up on it.
Can you share your thoughts on why exactly do you think this is happening? Could it be the competition, the overpriced devices, or just the quality of those devices going down?
Maybe i am completely wrong but this is really weird how they went from the most loved, most respected company to being one of the most hated ones.

01-hero-devices-se.png

I would love to hear some opinions on this subject, what do you think is going on and why? Have you experienced the same thing as me regarding the iOS hate?
Let me know what you think and if by any chance any of you actually have an iPhone or iPad can you elaborate since you have a lot more experience with these devices and company in general. :)

starmz123

I'm a little busy today so I can't give an in-depth answer right now, but I actually don't agree! For once, I'll be defending Apple ;)

• Slight decrease in units sold compared to last Q1, but still an improvement over 2016 and 2015 - I think this might have been because they released both iPhone X and iPhone 8 close together, so people had trouble deciding which to get instead of sales increasing twofold. Still, they are one of the most highly valued (in monetary terms) companies in the world, and the tech sector shows no signs of slowing down
  • Actually, haha, I might be wrong because they just had their best financial quarter - So the number of devices sold is less, but the money they made is more. Well, what can you expect from Apple...
  • Increasing market share - This is interesting, because Apple's share of smartphones has historically varied from 13% to 20%. In recent years, it dropped to about ~15% on average, losing out to Samsung. In 2017, however, it surpassed Samsung's share of the market! This might change in 2018 but I hear the S9 might not be an iPhone X killer, so maybe not...

Of course, this changes every year. I think the most important thing to take away is that Apple has enjoyed a relatively stable (above 13%) share of the market for a decade
  • Decreased search interest - On the other hand, Google Trends shows that interest in the iPhone seems to be decreasing recently:
    1520598098913.png

And the same for Apple:
    1520598142705.png

But that seems normal given that their latest launches were a while ago. Interest will pick up in several months, I bet
So all in all, if Apple has been surviving ever since the Android/iOS wars, then I think they're still pretty safe now and for at least a few more years. :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads