If you would have a chance to create your own Android phone,What features you will make to catch the attention of users?

myra21

Nowadays new models of android phones occurs that puzzles the users regarding on what they will buy.In my opinion the basic features such as the internet access,downloadable apps,e-mails,camera and the ability to make texts and calls should be updated.The first feature of phones that I will create is an underwater phone with higher megapixels. Millennial's are adventurous and it would be helpful if they have this feature in their phone so that they can capture their memories even underwater.Second is the updating of Applications,when ever I open it some apps doesn't function well because you need to update it first.So I suggest a phone that doesn't requires to update the applications again.Last feature although I think standard phone have it now, is the ability of the phone to follow your voice command.In this case people with a blurred vision of eyes or a person with hearing problem can use their phone.Those are the features I want my phone to have and I will call it a Super Phone.

Fishbate

It may maybe too much, but i would like to have a phone that have an emergency distress signal protocol which directly connects to satellite links. Specially during natural disasters like earthquakes, these are times where all communication towers is likely to be down and communication in this events is very important.

The only way for a smartphone to be working when all towers are down is by a direct satellite link. I think this would greatly help in terms of emergency response and as a precise locator for families and survivors.

I guess its too much complicated to be real, but just a thought...

Have a great day:coffee::coffee:!

myra21

@Fishbate indeed that's a great idea.Phone with feature like that could be a great help to people in terms of calamities and emergencies. Thank you for the wonderful idea you've shared.

Jaymalie

This is the best post I have come across on this forum, if I was to launch my own smartphone it would give it interesting features that will make it sell world wide
This features include
1. The ability to download any app on the playstore - how many times have you gone to download an app and tells you "app not available in your country" trust me I know that feel way to well I would put the ability to download any app on the playstore in any country your in .

2. The ability to talk like a person - Sounds crazy but I would put that option ,why ?admit it you spend more time with your phone than your family right ? and sometimes it does get lonely especially when you live alone if that phone could talk it would change everything

Lazard

Do you know Project Arya ? It was called PhoneBlocks when I first discovered it and it was a prototype of a smartphone.
The thing was that it was entirely customizable ! You had a base with little hole in it and you just plugged components like a screen, a camera, a bluetooth component, a battery etc.
The idea behind this project was to avoid throwing away smartphones when they were obsolete and instead just buy new component to put on your phone.
Another thing, if you never take picture but need a bigger battery, you could just not plug a camera and instead plug two battery !

That project always was my dream of a smartphone !

Melancholy

Hmm, this is a very interesting question.

If I were to make a new Android, I would design it with usability and privacy in mind. No bloatware, adware or spyware. A clean-cut private policy and a customisable menu for how it stores/shares data that is easy for users to understand. I would try and make the firmware as efficient as possible, and optimise the hardware/software so that end users can get as much battery life as possible.

I would also want to make it very customisable. The hardware should be easily replaceable/able to use generic parts when possible, and allow possible customisations for modders. The phone would come installed with an option to root (though put away in 'advanced settings' and with a very thorough warning), and let modders customise the UI, background processes, and only parts like user passwords, security necessities and the required firmware would be unable to be changed, to keep the user safe.

Now, because of the focus on privacy, costs would be higher (not being paid by third parties for bloatware/user data), so perhaps there would be yearly donation goals to keep up with the costs if there is not enough revenue from phone sales. So the yearly goal would be £X, and donations would fill in any gap the sales leave. Surplus donations would be carried onto the next year, along with an increased yearly goal if there was not enough money in the previous year. Everything, such as policies, interactions with third parties and what money is used for would be as transparent as possible. Yearly transparency reports, along with a regularly-updated canary to keep users informed of any subpoenas or gag-orders.

tl;dr A customisable phone that doesn't sell your data.

sandraharriette

The first feature of phones that I will create is an underwater phone with higher megapixels. Millennial's are adventurous and it would be helpful if they have this feature in their phone so that they can capture their memories even underwater.

There are already accessories that make this possible. Same with the accessibility issues presenting some people who are hearing or visually impaired somehow -- apps and built-in settings (especially in newer phones) are much more common and available. Manufacturers would have gotten plenty of flack from ADA had they been out of compliance, just as a start of their corporate nightmares.

RoseKaizer

If I will be the creator of an android phones, the best features that I will create is the battery that can charge with the heat of sun, why? Because here in our location sometimes there is no electricity, we cant use our phones to reach our love ones especially when there is a calamity, I know the alternative solution is having a power bank, but if the battery can charge in solar, I think that can be good.

Dracindo

Dracindo
That's actually a sweet idea, but from where I'm from, I think I'd rather have a battery that can charge from water. It rains more than that the sun shines. Not that I'm complaining, I love cold days.
But there are powerbanks that can be charged by the sun. It takes much longer than with electricity, but yeah, it's cheaper and if there's a lot of sun at your place, it would be nice for you. And then you just charge your stuff with that charger.

Racky18

If i will have the chance to create android phones that will catch attention is the camera.You know why millennial's are getting crazy with selfie so increase the camera fixel that will make every photo shot sharp crisp just like a come to life.Then games that are highly interactive and entertaining and colorful,you don't get bored playing while waiting or someone.

Aeolos

My frustration against big phone companies is that their smartphones do not have a TV receiver. I am not talking like netflix but that can receive TV signals broadcasted by your country's local TV networks. Personally, I think this could be a huge feature for any smartphones. My first cheap china made android phone had a analog tv receiver and it helps in during blackout during storm.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Here in Belgium, you can watch TV from your phone, but only if you have the right package from your TV provider. I'm guessing phone companies don't get to choose wether television should be an app on their phones or not. They can allow the user to download the TV app from their TV provider, but only that provider gets to tell wether or not you may use the app.

I could be wrong, of course, but it's possible. I've seen friends do it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.