How about Mount&Blade Bannelord

zokilee

Hello there to all of you awesome people o/

How many of you are familiar with the game that is mentioned in title? I absolutely love the old versions, but I just can't wait for the new one to come out. Now does anyone knows when will it be out, what will be the price of it and will it be like most this days games full of DLCs that will need to be purchased after paying the original price for the game?

DenisMNE

I see that is a strategy game, the ones I am into very much.
Never heard of this one, but that is no wonder since this one is not yet released.
I will definitely check it out.
Is it realistic ? I do not like the games that have some unrealistic powers and creatures.
I like fighting when it is set in medieval time with only humans fighting, not dragons, wizards, etc... but I played a few of those, too.
It will be available on Windows, so I will follow the release date.

zokilee

Yes it's realistic as much as it can be,mix of strategy and simulation it bring that immersion that lacks in many other games. If you have not played it before, I strongly recommend to start from M&B Warband. Its all about medieval time warfare and customs in some hand. You can become vassal of a strong King, maybe you decide that you are the strongest for the king, or just stay neutral and try to get rich by plundering local villages. On the battlefield you will have to command and lead your men, imprison enemy Lords after the battle or let them go and gain honor, participate in different tournaments in Capital city's. I could go on and on with reasons why this game is awesome but I'll let you check it out on YouTube for better experience and understanding.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Thank you for the information provided.
Your descriptions fits my wishes that I seek from strategy games.
I like games that are set in middle ages.
No problem, you can let us all know and, maybe, share some videos about game review and gameplay when it comes out.

EfficientNinja

I see that it's an action-RPG and the timeline is set at medieval times. The sad part is the release date of the game is unknown yet. It is to be announced as seen on Wikipedia and its Steam page.

Its price could range from $30-60-ish. It's just a guess because that's how new games cost these days depending which publishers they come from.

In the meantime, you could play other games that are similar to Mount and Blade like Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which is one of my favorites, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance which is very popular right now and almost all of its players really love it.

Happy gaming! :D

Reactions: zokilee

zokilee

zokilee
It's played as RTS - rpg on campaign map and when you go in battle or you go inside some city its played like action -RPG. But its actually simulation combat, very similar to Kingdom Come. About Skyrim and Kingdom, I already finish those games and I don't really enjoy in those games playing it again, they was great games and still are I just got bored from them. Any how I really hope that price of M&B is gonna be from 30e to maximum 50e because other way I wont be able to buy it probably. And if they start with modern day politics like DLC that will need to be bought after original game, Then for sure will be problems, at least in my wallet ;)

Anyhow @Efficient Ninja I assume you are gamer, so do you maybe have some more games to recommend that are like Kingdom or Skyrim ?

zokilee

I tried Witcher, not much into it. Dark Souls I will give it a try, thank you for your suggestion, I heard of that game before but totally forgot about it.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
Hmm. I guess you're not that into Action-RPGs. You mentioned it is both an RTS and Action-RPG at the same time, right?

Maybe you don't like Dark Souls also because it has almost the same gameplay as those above.

Do you play MOBA games?

zokilee

zokilee
I mentioned for M&B that is mix of RTS but its not must for the games that I am looking for. I'am playing lots of different games from MOBA , MMORPG to Tycoon and simulation type of games. Actually got my own gaming community but its mostly for online gaming and sometime I like to play single player just for fun. I think I might like this Dark Soul 3, just don't know how important is to play first and second part before I play the last one.

Reactions: EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
You can still enjoy Dark Souls 3 even if you haven’t played the first two. The first one is the only one you need to play if you want to have some nostalgic feeling when you play Dark Souls 3. They have the same location.

zokilee

zokilee
Hi mate o/ , just wanted to say that Dark Soul 3 is hardest game I ever played. What did you put me in to ? ;) This is like, oh here some guy, no wait why you attack me, oh well lets start it again hahah . It's fun as much as it is confusing. Overall great game and one of the hardest if not hardest game that I ever played.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
It's considered to be among the hardest games ever. :ROFLMAO:

Don't worry you can finish it too. It's kind of addictive in a way because you challenge yourself to get better and to accept your mistakes when you die. It's also very satisfying when you beat a hard boss. :love:

It's like an achievement or trophy when you finish a Dark Soul game. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck, mate. You'll need it. I hope you don't smash your PC or console gamepad while playing. :ROFLMAO:

Dracindo

I've played Mount and Blade (Warband) a long time ago. Last time I played it was somewhere last December / January. It's a great sandbox medieval war game that I could easily sink a lot of hours into, without realizing it. According to Steam I have 153 hours on it. Not adding in over 300 hours of gameplay for when I used to play the demo and the a not so legally version of it. :whistle:
It's a shame to say that Bannerlord has been announced for a long time. At least 2 years. If it does get released, I will buy it, but probably when it gets on sale.

I remember that when M&B got released, you could buy that, but there were still bugs in it. One of them I believe, was that you couldn't start your own faction, even though there was the option, or perhaps it was that you couldn't rule over the world. Taleworlds did fix many things, but instead of updating the game, they re-released it as M&B:Warband, which you could buy at the same price. So people who only discovered it could buy the new and updated version, while those who already bought it had to buy it again.

I wasn't one of those guys, but I'm planning to wait a bit before I buy the game, just in case they try to pull that prank again and take some more money. I mean, the Mount and Blade doesn't cost that much, it sure is worth double its value, but I see no need to pay more than necessary.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.