Heat and Smartphones?

charlou

Hello everyone! I'm a new member here.

It has always been an issue regarding phones and heat. There are even cases that smartphones are said and reported to 'explode' upon using it while charging. For me, I have experienced my phone heating up whenever I use apps. Is this a normal thing? What are your suggestions in reducing the heating up of smartphones? Does this happen to all brands of smartphones?

EfficientNinja

Hello and welcome to the forums, @charlou! Yes, almost all smartphones usually heat up when you use apps that heavily utilizes its CPU and other hardware. I think it's best to avoid using those demanding apps while you are charging so it will fill the battery faster and reduce the risk of it exploding. You should also let the phone cool down when you are using a demanding app for a long time already.

DenisMNE

Hello!

Phones exploding due to heat has much to do with their damage on a battery before the phone was sent out.
Some phones have an inbuilt mistake so they are not able to contain large amounts of temperature and tend to overheat very quickly.
Also, cases like this are so rare, when you think about it, anything can really explode so I would not say that it is too common, but should be avoided.
I believe it is a mistake done when the phone was in the process of making.

Reactions: charlou

charlou

charlou
I never thought it that way. I thought the overheating was all due to excessive use of certain apps or using the phone while charging. Thanks for the information.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Overheating yes.Exploding, no.
Everyones phone overheats once in a while but it does not explode.
Some companies have made announcements about potential hazard that can happen to users using their phone, but most, if not all, of them were newly made phones with an inbuilt mistake.
Just because phone overheats, does not mean it has to explode or catch fire.

Joey Mercado

Joey Mercado
@DeniMNE I agree that some smartphones are experiencing the
OVerheating- YES, EXploding -YES (But not ALL)

Since there is a lot report of overheating make sure that it really reached it's maximum tolerance or temperature of heat that smartphone can handle because there also some reports that due to ignorance some smartphones tend to explode and yes some of the main reason is the phone had been bought does not really pass the Quality Assurance or it had been out of the market under substandard parts of smartphone.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
A smartphone that overheats and reaches critical point should just turn off and not be able to turn on until it cools off.Simple like that.
Not to explode when it reaches certain temperature.

Fishbate

Heating is normal in any electronic device. Electronic components usually heats up when electric current passes thru it. Don't worry about heating because every smartphone has a temperature controller. This feature is responsible in managing heat in your smartphone components. If your smartphone heat signature reaches a certain level it will shutdown automatically to prevent further damage.

Also the components in our smartphones are tested and has a tolerance up to 100c . The one thing that you should worry about is battery and water. Li-on battery are very reactive to water, once your battery leaks and somehow got wet this could start severe heat.

Apps are not the high contributors of heat on your smartphone. Its the "connections" . If your smartphone connectivity is high it tends to draw more power to provide you the service.

The best way to keep your smartphone on a normal temperature is avoid using all connectivity all at once. WIFI, BLUETOOTH, INFRARED, GPS, TETHERING are some of the connectivity that contributes on your phones temperature. Avoid using them simultaneously and you will see and feel good results.

I hope this helps:coffee:...

Joey Mercado

Hello everyone! I'm a new member here.

It has always been an issue regarding phones and heat. There are even cases that smartphones are said and reported to 'explode' upon using it while charging. For me, I have experienced my phone heating up whenever I use apps. Is this a normal thing? What are your suggestions in reducing the heating up of smartphones? Does this happen to all brands of smartphones?

Hello Charlou, welcome aboard and hope you are happy and satisfies staying here. And thank you for bringing the topic regarding heat and smartphone that for sure a lot of forum member can relate to it. On my own experience the reason why heat in smartphones happening is due to some reasons:

1. We can say that the phone battery is not compatible with the phone per se or it has been built in a wrong design. It is usually happens for those not so common (but not all) smartphone nowadays. Just be vigilant in buying one.

2. Is due to some applications that was really attacks the battery life and some applications are real fast in draining your battery. Make sure that when you are not using the application try to full close it and not just minimize it.

3. When you are charging your phone make sure all the connections or applications are real close cause sometimes the connections per se such as wifi connection, Bluetooth sharing connections increases the heat of the battery so when you are charging, just charge do not use the phone let it charge first until it is full.

Hope it helps

f_liperodrigues

If it's heating so much, it's because your phone it's not adequate to your usage profile> You're probably running apps, or a lot of them, that demands a lot from the CPU.

amarkayam

It's normal and mostly depends on the usage and the condition in which you are using the smartphone. So try to optimize phone usage in the cases where the heating issue persist.

Yourpwet

Smartphone heats up whenever it's doing a lot of heavy stuff like when I'm playing games and browsing the web then watching YouTube then chatting with someone via messenger without closing the apps. This smartphone heating happens most likely when the phone is being charged or on a very hot summer day.

It sometimes becomes very uncomfortable to touch and hold. During cases like these when the smartphone gets hot, I close all apps and put my phone to airplane mode. This helps cool down the phone. When charging, I usually unplug it from the socket if the phone becomes hot. Luckily, my phone automatically stops charging when it reaches a certain level of heat.

aubeybey

Nice. There are very useful informations on phone heating up. My phone also heats up especially when I am using many apps and I am connected to a Wifi or Data connection. Or even when it is charging. I think this is because the phone's RAM is overused. When this happens, I just release some memory and turn off my phone and wait for few minutes before opening it again. Also, when my phone heats up when charging, I think my charger is not compatible with my phone or because other apps are still running. That is why I make sure to close all apps before charging or sometimes I just turn it off while charging.

kifayatkhattak1

I have experience with Samsung Note Edge, you are right because while using phone continuously it becomes hot but it does not means that it will explode. Need to be careful by usage of phone during charging because it will explode due to multi functioning activities. But this problem is also solving by these phone authorities so no need to be worry from normal use heat because it has many function and many programs running at one time so it will become heated

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.