Can I remove official holidays from my calender?

Dracindo

When you buy a smartphone, it usually has a built in calender and it already has all official holidays written into them. Now, I don't want this. I get their intention, but I just don't want them to show me when it's Christmas, Easter, or any other holidays.

So, as per title, is it possible to remove these holidays from my calender app?

Pusya

I can so feel you! I have the exact same problem, ironically. I keep getting notified with these holidays which I care nothing about. I was thinking maybe to change the country on the phone somehow.
Looking forward for someone to reply regarding this matter. I think it's very annoying.

Dracindo

Try finding a country without holidays. I swear, if I could change my location to Atlantis, I'd still be celebrating Christmas. It's not bad knowing when it's a holiday, but I already know all the important holidays, I don't need a reminder of it. Better yet, my calender has lists of family meetings on those days, it's a pretty obvious hint that a certain day is a holiday. And I want to see those meetings and other things I had planned on top of the list.

So even if this is impossible to achieve, can someone tell me how to change the priority order, so that notifications like Christmas, New Year, Easter and everything else on the bottom of the list?

Judas2018

I don't think so. But you're talking to someone whose never tried to attempt such a feat. But in my best guess or 'guess-timation?' Probably not.

Rodney Olson

Yes, it is usually possible to remove official holidays from your calendar app. The specific steps may vary depending on the type of phone and calendar app you are using, but in general, you should be able to do this by going to the settings within your calendar app and deselecting the option to display holidays.

For example, on an iPhone, you can go to "Settings" > "Calendar" > "Alternate Calendars" and then turn off the option for "Holidays". On an Android phone, you may be able to go to your calendar app, tap on the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner, and then choose "Settings" or "Calendars to display" to adjust which calendars and events are shown.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.