Can I get the Google Play Store on my Z Fold 4?

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Z Fold 4 during my trip to China, but to my surprise, it did not come with the Google Play Store. However, all the apps that were on my old phone were transferred to my new phone, and I noticed that my Z Fold 4 has something called Google Play Services.

I tried reaching out to Samsung help center, but unfortunately, they refused to help. I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if there is any chance to change the software to the international version that comes with Google Play Store.

If anyone has any guidance or suggestions on how I can get the Google Play Store on my Z Fold 4, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

BillEssley

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your new Z Fold 4 not coming with the Google Play Store installed. This is likely due to the fact that Google services are not readily available in China, and therefore, devices sold in China often come without pre-installed Google apps, including the Google Play Store.

However, since you mentioned that your Z Fold 4 has Google Play Services installed, this means that the device is likely running on an Android-based operating system, which is compatible with the Google Play Store.

There are a few things you can try to install the Google Play Store on your device. One option is to try downloading the Google Play Store APK file from a reputable source, such as APKMirror or APKPure, and installing it on your device manually. This may not work for all devices, but it's worth a try. However, keep in mind that downloading APK files from unknown sources can be risky, as they may contain malware.

Another option is to consider using a third-party app store that offers a wide selection of Android apps, such as the Huawei AppGallery or the Amazon Appstore. While these app stores may not have as many apps as the Google Play Store, they are a viable alternative and may have the apps you need. Lastly, you could consider flashing the international firmware onto your Z Fold 4, which would essentially change the software to the international version that comes with the Google Play Store. However, this process is quite technical and can be risky if not done correctly, so it's important to do your research and follow instructions carefully.

In any case, I recommend exercising caution and doing your due diligence before attempting to install the Google Play Store or any other software on your device.

Good luck!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.