Where to replace my iPhone battery?

trendjing

I have been using my iPhone 6 for 3 years now. I know for the fact that batteries on mobile phone wears out in time. I brought my phone in Apple service center, but the staff is hesitant to accept my phone to be checked because I bought it abroad. It should've been a free replacement if I bought my phone here in the Philippines. In addition, they have a service fee if they will open my phone, but they say it does not guarantee if they can fix it.

What I did was I have my batteries replaced outside Apple Store. I know it'll not be long lasting but they did it right away, and it's cheaper.

I wonder if that is really how Apple service center deal with this. Is it just here in my country or the same goes everywhere?

Melancholy

Apple seems to like cutting corners a bit more than other companies, so I'm honestly not too surprised they didn't want to just because it came from abroad (perhaps they are concerned if your phone isn't legit?) and the service charge is definitely annoying. I've never heard of Apple stores rejecting phones just because it was from abroad, though (but then again I do live in Europe).

I'm pretty sure there isn't much difference between getting it done by Apple vs a third party though in terms of quality, however.

Joey Mercado

@trendjing Yes you are right that batteries of any phone come to its limits and not be fully usable when time comes. But I was little bit shock that the Apple store you've gone to ask their assistance is not accepting your phone. :( @Melancholy may had point that it will be due to legibility issue but the representative may know if the Iphone is legit or not am I right? I think it's better to try some Apple Service center maybe it will be just on branch rules not to accept. I think that will be the other alternative way to try since it must be still under warranty right? or not at least that is the legit store to change your battery :) Hope it helps

Martinsx

I believe that there are apple tech shops around your location, so I would suggest going to them and getting your iPhone battery replaced by an expert in the field.

khanhtran123

I think you should get oppo phone if you mainly stay in Asia. Their specs are pretty good and customer service in Asia is excellent. The only minus point of OPPO is its camera, otherwise, I have nothing to criticize

Fishbate

There are countries that don't have Apple service centers specially in some Asian countries but having said that, there are accredited service centers that provide repairs and parts replacements for multiple brands. Also in terms of repair, cheap is not the way to go in my opinion. If you want your unit to be reliable or worth the repair. Go for genuine parts and accredited services.

Martinsx

Martinsx
You have a very good point about this subject on needing to repair one's iPhone or other electronic gadgets that needs spare parts. It would be a grave mistake to go for cheap repairs with cheap spare parts, because it's only going to make matters worst for your device if it didn't damage it completely. Go for the best service and have your gadget as good as new, even if means paying more to get it done.

Dracindo

As far as I know, in Belgium you can turn in a smartphone for repairs at the store you've bought it from, or send it to a certain address from the brand you've bought, so long as it falls within warranty rights. Just like with you, if you bring it in at any other store, they might be able to fix it for you, but because you didn't buy the phone from them, I think they are afraid of making the warranty null and void when they open it up for check up. And if they can't fix it, you got yourself a completely broken smartphone without warranty.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.