What do you think of Bitcoin faucets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyDeasy

We've been seeing these various faucet apps advertised as free bitcoin miners. Are they legit? And if so, are they 100% safe to use?

I'm mainly concerned with data privacy. Installing any kind of app would mean giving it permission to search my phone for files and other data. I don't want my email and my contacts being sold to some third party digital marketing company.

There is also the issue of the apps consuming battery charge. It is possible that, to compensate for a processor less powerful than those of original PC miners, the apps intentionally overwork our smartphones, causing damage to the battery.

I think we need to be wary of these kinds of apps.

DenisMNE

I never tried Bitcoin.I made a few attempts on trying to mine them but never succeeded.I tried that years ago, too, when it was not as popular as now.
For the security, I do not know is bitcoin safe.They do not have the state support and no major banks support them and all this hype about it will crash, I believe.
They made it far, though.
I would stay away from it.

EfficientNinja

As far as I know, bitcoin faucets are those websites that give you Bitcoin or other crypto coins in a fixed time interval. Crypto mining, on the other hand, is using your computer's CPU and/or GPU to solve math problems.

Bitcoin faucets are safe but you won't really make a fortune out of them because they only give you a few cents. You shouldn't also waste time trying to mine using your phone. It is simply not powerful enough to compete against machines built for mining and it will also cause battery wear and the heat will lower its internals' lifespan.

Reactions: kd06 and EasyDeasy

EasyDeasy

EasyDeasy

Thanks. I may have switched things up a bit. But isn't the process essentially the same as mining? What exactly do these faucet sites get in exchange?

kd06

kd06
I really don't know if the process of faucets and and minings are the same but I'll just answer your question on what the faucets gain in exchange for free bitcoins. Giving away free bitcoins encourages users to come back to the sites in a given time frame, now, notice that these sites displays ads, this is where the site is earning. The more visitors the site has, the more ads freely viewed, the site then compensate the users with small amount of bitcoins. They also have these affiliate program where you get to earn a percentage from your referrals earnings thus creating a bigger amount of viewed ads.

JackOAT

JackOAT

I believe faucet sites gain benefit from ads. Faucet sites are made by the owners to earn from the advertisements. That is why on every faucet you go, a lot of popups, banners, and even captcha will be present. Annoying for some but earnings for the owners, only if their website attracts lots of clickers or claimers of free cryptocurrency.

DenisMNE

You can mine using your phone ?
Would you be king and tell us more ?
I had no idea that you could use your phone for mining and I feel bad since I never gave it a shot.
But, I am sure it will drain the batter and ruin the energy of the phone.

superman2727

Bitcoin Faucets can help you a lot but it a little slower when you are about to gain bitcoins. Bitcoin faucets can give you at least 10-20 satoshi depends on the faucets. Lucky enough if you gonna win on the raffle they are setting. This is just based on my experiences.

puregrace

I will never go for Bitcoin faucets apps because I know that they are paying minimal bitcoins even if they are free. Bitcoin mining is so hard with difficulties and the increased price of the coin is preventing the free faucets to pay bountifully.

Also, how many such apps can we carry on the mobile? There ain't any guarantee of goodness from any of these. Best way to increase bitcoins is by doing trading.

dashiel149

Based on my experience, I have been using free rolls to gain 22 satoshi per hour. And then I came to realize that I should calculate my trials in rolling in order to earn 1 bitcoin. I was shook on how many years I would render in gaining bitcoins through free rolls. Imagine? I need to roll for 1000 years in order to gain 1 bitcoin. How ridiculous!

However, there is still hope for me though. Lottery is one way to gain bitcoins fast. All you need is luck and patience. But the question is, how much time do I need to gain 1 bitcoin?

masquezane01

masquezane01
That's basically 8,597.62 US Dollars for 1000 years. I think being bitten by a vampire is the only option here if we'll stick to that span of time LOL.

dashiel149

dashiel149
Well as of now, 1 bitcoin is equivalent to over 9,000 US Dollars. It would be a big amount if I happen to gain 1 bitcoin. Here in our country, USD is 50 times worth. Imagine how big it would be.

It would take a miracle for me to have one. But I do not know any other options to gain more satoshis. Do you know one?

masquezane01

Wait, you're from what country? In my country it's also ranging from 48 to 50. It's quite a big amount of money!

Jaymalie

This is a system that offers reward in websites and apps and inform of sitoshi .
This system is very nice bacause it gives partime jobs to some people ,jobs like completion of captures when you complete a game you get paid which is pretty nice .

carol0502

I don't know yet how bitcoins work but I think giving some apps permission to our phone is a little risky. That's why when I am installing apps I make a research first if the app is legit and not just some scammed app that make you register to them saying you can make money by just doing this and that. So let's be extra careful with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.