What are your thoughts on releasing 5G smartphones?

KIRZZ

The 5G hype is coming. The newest generation of cellular technology is expected to be released early next year. However, for every reason to be excited about 5G, there's an equally good reason to hold off on any purchasing decisions just yet. It is important for us to know what is 5G technology so that we can decide if the features are right for us. We expect that it is going to be a lot faster but what are the other advantage and disadvantage of a 5G network?

hstinscdln

To be frank, I'd say there is no disadvantage. 5G is an upgrade over the 4G network which means that it will have higher download speed and faster speed connections. If you're on a plan that would cost you more if you exceeded your data allocation, then that might be the disadvantage. 5G Network will surely have higher network traffic and would consume higher data.

If you're planning to buy a smartphone right now, go ahead. It will still take some time before 5G will be fully utilized.

etopia

3 G is about using APP, 4G is about cloud-computing & socialize all our life and works. 5G is about A.I. intelligent where make people more intelligent frrom massive computing processing from the big data. The Facebook Live show is just one of the prototype of 5G application, auto-driving is one of the main application of 5G.

Dracindo

It's yet another hype I wish to not get involved with. It's always new and awesome, I know that, but no way I'm going to buy it the first day it comes out. I still have a perfectly functional phone, so I have no need to buy a new one.

And even if I were in need of a new one, I don't need to be up to date with the newest stuff. I don't have that big of a social life, I only need a smartphone to be in touch with people and keeping myself entertained when I'm on the road.

No, when my current smartphone dies, I just buy a cheap phone that was hyped over a few years ago. It's already outdated a bit, but there's still decent support for it from most apps I like to use and play on, and it's still an upgrade to what I used to have, so I never complain and I never spent too much money that way.

veselinnesterov

I personally believe that it's going to be an amazing to have even faster connection than the now existing 4G. For sure the first smartphones which are going to be launched with the new technology are going to be far from perfect but I will definitely give it a go. I am so excited about the future network. Isn't this what we are all searching for, with minimum effort to get maximum results? I just hope the expenses on building up that network are not going to reflect the mobile data plans we are all using .

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views