Smartphone Cons?

shaknaks10

Don't you guys think that there are some alarming Smartphone disadvantages?
We all know that the smartphone's useful tools are contrasted by the bevy of endless ways you can mindlessly occupy time. Games, social networking applications, videos, and fully functional Web surfing are a few examples. The modern smartphone can easily consume your entire day if allowed and produce almost nothing of value for it. Employees can easily idle away an entire shift instead of focusing on the task at hand.

In addition to the "dark side" constant innovation is the constant rendering of older units as obsolete. As each generation of smartphone comes out, older systems become increasingly under-supported. This necessitates users purchasing a new phone every two years or so just to keep up with current technology -- a decidedly expensive venture for a company looking to equip their entire workforce with smartphones.

ElGuapo96

Well the first con is obviously the price. The smartphones keep getting better, they keep developing new features and the prices are increasing drastically. Next con would be the health danger. Apparently these new smartphone devices emit some kind of a radio wave that is really harmful to your health, so in the future it might get a lot worse. For me, personally, third con would be that they are too fragile. I know that they have all kinds of protective glass and stuff, but still, if it falls from your hand and it will happen eventually, it will just snap.
But don't be so negative, there are positive and negative sides to everything, it all depends on the perspective :)

shaknaks10

shaknaks10
For sure there are tons of positive sides of having Smartphones but personally, I'm really against 8 year old below children using smartphones for games. >.<

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Absolutely agree with you on that statement. I think we should even push that limit forward way more. Let's say children below 12 shouldn't even be let close to the phone. It is so damaging for a child in development to spend his days playing games and surfing through internet on a smartphone. Let their brains develop fully then let them do whatever they want. Otherwise it is basically child abuse.

Martinsx

This is just how life operates. Nothing stays stagnant over a period of time, there must always be a change as time goes by. Smartphone upgrade is something that we have all gotten used to and it's within the right and discretion of any phone user to upgrade or stay with his or her current phone grade.

Personally, I'm not a gadget freak when it comes to upgrading my phone device. I set my time frame to upgrade every 4 or 5 years maximum. Within this time frame, I must have used the device to the best of my satisfaction and gotten tired of it, which replacing it would be very appropriate.

Annejk18

In terms of cons, there will sure a lot in the list. One is the health danger it may affect the users. Most of the people, especially teenagers can't take away their hand and eyes on thier devices. Smartphone emits high radiation that surely affect our sight and health. Also, is the price. I agree to other people that yearly smartphones prices are getting higher. But inspite of higher prices the demand is still higher that's why manufacturer's still keep the prices high.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.