Samsung's mid-range smartphones will be equipped with two-sided curved LCD screens

novandak

In 2014, Samsung launched the Galaxy Edge smartphone for the first time with a curved screen next to it. Since then, the two-sided curved screen design, also known as Infinity Display, has become the design standard for high-end Samsung smartphones.

However, this design is only applicable to OLED displays, so Samsung's mid-range smartphones with LCD screens still have to be faithful to the old flat screen design.

Samsung mid-range smartphones will be equipped with two-sided curved LCD screens.jpg

According to a patent granted to Samsung, the Korean giant is developing an entirely new LCD screen technology. This technology replaces the conventional glass with a synthetic resin.

Thus, in the production process, LCD panels can bend without any problems when displaying images. This technology also enhances the bearing capacity and crack resistance for LCD screens.

Samsung's curved LCD screen technology is a breakthrough. Because it can be applied on current mid-range smartphones and brings the design of curved screen overflows with two high-end.

Coming soon, Samsung will launch a cheap version of Galaxy S10 Lite with a flat LCD screen. However, this may be a stepping stone, so next year Samsung will launch a cheap Galaxy S11 Lite version with a curved LCD screen, with an Infinity Display design. Let's wait and see.

Dracindo

Wow, that looks kind of cool. Although with a phone like this, I think I'm going to have a strange visual feeling, like it'll be falling out of my hand somehow from both long sides.
Also, I don't know if how nice this will be for me, because I always buy a protective case, so I doubt I'll be seeing anything of this.

Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.