Recommendations for a new laptop?

Dkaraly

Hey! I have a little dilemma. My laptop is old and I mean like 13 year old. It's a Toshiba Tecra A5. Its HDD is almost full and it's missing some keys from the keyboard. I need a new one but I don't know much about laptops. I don't need an awesome or mind blowing new model. I just need a laptop with decent specs; good memory RAM, battery... those kinds of things. One that I can use to write a lot and do some text editing. Oh, and I sometimes play lots of PC games. So, a laptop for an occasional gamer. Do you have any recommendation?

Martinsx

I have used both Dell and HP laptop products and I must say that both the company's products are of great quality, I'm pretty convinced that either of them is going to serve your purpose of buying it very well.

Currently, I'm using a HP laptop product and everything works just fine with it. Just head to any computer store and purchase yours.

NiceMan

I suggest you to try ASUS laptops which are best for work and even for gaming. ASUS laptop has a high quality and high performance, especially in gaming.

Actually, I'm planning to buy an ASUS laptop in the next 3 months. I'll use it for my study which is very helpful for me.

RoseKaizer

For me, you should have Hp laptop or Dell brand, it was good to use it.
Right now I'm using HP laptop and I find it good to used, it is a great quality for me.
I hope my suggestions will help you.

Dkaraly

Ok, so you're saying the best options are HP, Dell and ASUS. That narrows it down to only 3 brands. Thank you, guys!!! :D I'm going to start looking for one of those.

I know those 3 brands are really good. However, they have many models. Can you recommend a specific one?

focusedwriter10

Although the three brands are awesome, I would recommend the HP brand. This is because:
  1. They are durable
  2. Easy to maintain
To be precise, go for the latest model of HP and you will thank me later.

Smexy

I would recommend thinkpad because of its powerful processor. This is kinda good for the price and also for gamers. But if you are a mild user like browsing,surfing or use only for social medias then I would recommend Azus.

Dracindo

From my work, I received a Lenovo to work with, and it sure was a solid pick. Not the most powerful laptop I had, wouldn't recommend it for gaming, but its work speed was real fast and could run a few huge apps at once.
Asus is also one I was happy with. Now, 6-7 years later, it still works, but with a really slow startup process, because of its age.

Mora

I personally would suggest any thing from Asus, best laptops I tried were made by them, if not you can look into HP or DELL, they have good laptops two also not that expensive, it's not gonna be the choice you pick if you're really into gaming, but honestly *i think you better wait longer to have enough money to buy a really good one than just buying whatever and end up regretting it.

brandomcqueen

I would recommend the ASUS Republic of Gamers Hero Edition Laptop. It is a mid-price gaming/work machine that has everything: HD monitor that is pleasing to the eyes, CPU that has the power to smoothly run graphics-intensive software, and an edgy and stylized body that looks so cool anywhere. Below are the specs for your reference.

ASUS ROG STRIX GL503GE-ES52 (Hero Edition) 15.6" 120Hz (3ms) Full HD Gaming Laptop w / GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 (Coffee Lake Core i5-8300H)

Attachments

• rog.jpg
    rog.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 17
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.