Question Samsung Secure Folder best alternative?

aceofadsense

I've been a fan of Samsung's Secure Folder feature, which lets me keep my Telegram, WhatsApp, gallery, and phone contacts separate from my main gallery and contacts. However, I'm considering rooting my phone with Magisk, which will trip Knox and make Secure Folder unusable. What are some good alternatives that will allow me to keep everything separate, with the option to lock and hide that folder or app?

Additionally, I recall a Huawei model that allowed users to unlock their phone with different fingers - for example, if you unlocked with your right thumb, you would go to Profile 1, but if you unlocked with your left thumb, you would go to Profile 2. Both profiles were separate and secure. Is there a similar app available for a rooted phone that can offer this kind of functionality?

BillEssley

If you're looking for an alternative to Samsung's Secure Folder, there are several options available that allow you to keep your apps and data separate and secure. One such app is Parallel Space, which allows you to clone and run multiple instances of the same app. This means you can have separate instances of WhatsApp, Telegram, and other apps, each with their own data and settings. Parallel Space also offers password protection, so you can lock and hide your apps and data from prying eyes.

Another option is Island, which is similar to Parallel Space but offers more advanced features such as automatic app hibernation and permission management. This means you can prevent certain apps from running in the background or accessing certain data, further enhancing the security and privacy of your device.

As for the second part of your question, there are apps available that allow you to set up multiple user profiles on your device, each with their own apps, data, and settings. One such app is Island Pro, which is an enhanced version of the Island app mentioned earlier. Island Pro offers a feature called "Secure Space," which allows you to set up a separate, secure profile that can only be accessed with a specific fingerprint or passcode. This means you can have separate profiles for work and personal use, for example, each with their own apps and data, and switch between them quickly and easily with just a fingerprint.

There are several alternatives to Samsung's Secure Folder that offer similar functionality and security features. With a little research, you can find an app or combination of apps that meets your specific needs and preferences.

harrygreen90

I’m glad you’re a fan of Samsung’s Secure Folder feature. It’s a great way to keep your personal data separate and secure on your phone. However, if you’re planning to root your phone with Magisk, you’re right that it will trip Knox and make Secure Folder unusable.

There are some alternatives that you can try for rooted Android phones. One of them is Shelter, which is a free and open source app that creates a work profile on your device. You can clone apps into this profile and isolate them from your main profile. You can also lock and hide this profile with a password or fingerprint.

Another option is Hide it Pro, which is an app that disguises itself as an audio manager but lets you hide apps, photos, videos, messages and contacts inside it. You can access them by entering a secret code or using your fingerprint.

As for unlocking your phone with different fingers to access different profiles, I couldn’t find any app that offers this functionality for rooted phones. The closest thing I found was some tutorials on how to use Android’s FingerprintManager API to register and authenticate user fingerprints in an app. However, this would require some coding skills and may not work on all devices.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.