iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 Plus?

Rob Reece

So I’m thinking it’s time for an upgrade! I am having an iPhone 6 for almost 3 years and it has been a great phone although I used it beside my Samsung S8 now! The battery isn’t really good anymore and it lags/freezes often now. I’m ready for something bigger! First and foremost...is it worth the upgrade to go from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 Plus? What are your suggestions?

Ronald2505

For my own opinion, it is wise a choice to upgrade to iPhone 8 plus. Apple are creating their phones better and better as time passes by. Me also I have an iPhone 6 and it is a great phone. But as same as you, I am also thinking in upgrading my phone. The only thing that is holding me back to upgrade is the price. But other than that, upgrading your iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 plus is a good idea.

Emmaz

From where I stand on any kind of phone device be it iPhone or android devices, if the battery isn't good enough anymore and it lags when you are working with it, then it's high time such phone is sold or dumped for another better option.

Just like you said that you have already used the iPhone 6 for 3 years and counting now, so I think that upgrading to iPhone 8 plus wouldn't be such a bad idea as long as you can afford it.

Martinsx

"...... I am having an iPhone 6 for almost 3 years..."
This is the first thing to have in mind when making your decision about upgrading from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 plus. A device which you have used to 3 years and still counting have served the owner well in my opinion, so it's worth giving a rest and buying a new one.

Also with this problem, "..... The battery isn’t really good anymore and it lags/freezes often now...." now ruining your experience with the phone shows its high time you changed the phone. A phone without battery is as good as not having any phone at all because when you want to use it for anything, the battery would be down thereby making the phone completely useless to you.

EfficientNinja

Your plan to upgrade your 6s to an 8 Plus is a good choice. You've skipped other iterations of the iPhone line and you will notice a large performance improvement once you start using the iPhone 8 Plus. :)

Or you could also try configuring performance tweaks on your old iPhone and consider replacing the battery to breathe some life to your old buddy. If these steps could make your phone a little faster or more usable, you could save a lot of money by not buying a brand new phone. :)

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Yup, performance will improve a lot, but, as you said, maybe changing the battery should help.
I don't think the newest iPhone is need, 8 plus should work just fine.
It will take some time until your hands get used to a new toy, so good luck with your purchase !

Joey Mercado

So I’m thinking it’s time for an upgrade! I am having an iPhone 6 for almost 3 years and it has been a great phone although I used it beside my Samsung S8 now! The battery isn’t really good anymore and it lags/freezes often now. I’m ready for something bigger! First and foremost...is it worth the upgrade to go from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 Plus? What are your suggestions?

I think since your Iphone 6 maybe reached its limits and having good time with you and your companion for almost 3 years. I think it is much okay to upgrade now your phone to Iphone 8. I don't see any problem with that. You can try other options too since if the only problem you saw why you need to upgrade is the battery why don't you try about replacing the battery per se only? so that you can save money. But if you wish to really upgrade it to something new I think there is no problem with that cause upgrading means improving, improving for something new something better. Hope this comment helps a little bit for you to decide :) Thank you

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies