How to hide application on Samsung Galaxy

novandak

Hiding App will not make the app appear on the home screen. Your own applications or unnecessary applications that you want to hide them then you can do as following steps:

Step 1: Go to "Settings".

Step 2: Select "Display".

Step 3: Select "Standby screen".

Step 4: Go to "Hide Applications".

You also get quick access to the standby screen settings by holding down the empty position on the stand-by display and selecting "Standby settings".

Step 5: Select the app you want to hide and select "Save".

After applied way to hide the applications on your Samsung smartphone, you will not see apps appear on your device's home screen any more.

Good luck!

Dracindo

Don't you just have to delete the icon, like on a computer? With my former smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (yes, call me outdated), all I had to do was tap and hold an icon, and then I could drag it somewhere else or to the top with the Delete option. Dragging it there just removed the icon, but the app was still on the device, and I could still find it somewhere, just not on my home screen.
For my current phone, that delete button does delete the app, but surely there's gotta be a way to remove the icon alone, right?

novandak

novandak
For my current phone, that delete button does delete the app
Seem this is on an old OS. On new Samsung smartphones, you will have 2 options, delete or uninstall it.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Well, it's certainly not new, but is the Huawei P10 Lite considered an old model already?

But good you tell me, because like I said, my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini would only delete the icon, not uninstall the app, whereas the current does uninstall, but has no way of just deleting the icons, only move them. Glad to hear that my next phone will give me the option to keep the app and just have it removed from my main windows, while still having a quick and easy way to delete other apps.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views