How to avoid iPhone X screen burn-in problems

marciayudkin

Burn-in is a defect of AMOLED screen technology, if not properly used, you may encounter this problem on iPhone X.

The phenomenon of burn-in on iPhone X is a phenomenon that occurs when a high contrast image is continuously displayed on the screen for a long time, it makes the diode illuminated in the AMOLED matrix decayed in time, resulting in color accuracy is affected.

Apple has customized the screen and programmed for iOS 11 to avoid burn-in. However, you still need to keep these two things in mind to avoid burn-in during the using process.

1. Do not leave the display screen in high brightness or maximum brightness for long periods of time: In case there is an application that always makes the iPhone X screen bright with high intensity, temporarily reduce it. Brightness of iPhone screen via the Control Center. It is best to set the screen lock mode for a maximum of 2-5 minutes by going to Settings> Display & Brightness> Auto-lock> Select the time you want the screen to lock itself.

How to avoid iPhone X screen burn-in problems 1.png

2. The screen-shining function on iPhone X should not be turned off: Apple hides this feature carefully because they do not want the user to shut down it. If you turn off then go to Setting> General> Accessibility> Display Accommodations to enable this feature again.

How to avoid iPhone X screen burn-in problems 2.png

Hope it helps!

ElGuapo96

Can you post an image that describes what exactly "burn in" is, in details? I am kind of confused about this issue, never really heard of it, but i am afraid that it might happen to me. I would just like to know what exactly it is, it would mean a lot to identify the problem and to know something about it before it actually happens and before it is too late. Thanks in advance, i appreciate any answer a lot :0

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
It's kind of like the pixels or images are stuck on the screen. It's because the screen has been displaying it for a very long time that it was "burned in" the screen itself.

Emerson-McDonalds_CNN_Burn-In-5692ad0d3df78cafda81df58.jpg

Even if you are displaying a different image on your screen, you see a ghost image. :(

It's very common on monitors using the LCD technology and today I learned that AMOLED also has this issue as the OP gave a guide on how to prevent this from happening on an iPhone X. :eek:

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views