How do you secure your phone?

tbymrtn

I use my phone's fingerprint reader, two-step authentication wherever available, a password app, and make it a point to keep devices close at hand to not be physically stolen. I do not have a tracker app to find it in case it is lost.

What apps and procedures do you use to keep your phone and data secure?

Xxlykexx

It will be best if you have an app to track it just in any case. For iOs devices they have the very famous find my iPhone app, for samsung, i believe they have their own version of it, and me, personally i use find my device which is developed by google. I'm using an android device. I would highly recommend for you to make sure that you back up your files so whatever happens you can retrieve them, you can do it either on google account or iCloud, both are safe just make sure that only you can access them,a nd to add up with the tracking app most of them also offer remotely wiping data on the phone to ensure no one can use them.

Dracindo

Just unlock using a pattern, and cleaning the screen immediatly after unlocking. Then do some stuff so nobody can make out the pattern, and that's about it. The only thing someone could do with my phone, when or even if, they manage to unlock it, is prank call people, which aren't a lot, to be honest.

And no worries, as a security agent, they wouldn't even think about stealing the phone that is in my hands.

My Steam and Twitch accounts, accounts on the other hand...

arnelbrix

I do securing my phone by putting a pin code than a pattern, because lately my nephew borrow my phone to play a game, but suddenly my phone was lock and he's trying to unlock my phone and I set it in pattern mode, and he's trying to unlock in several attempt, after that I can't be able to open my phone that's why my last resort is to reset my phone, after that situation, I avoid to use pattern mode.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Well, all of my relatives, or at least the ones I'm still in contact with, are at least 14 years old, and they had their own phone for a few years as well. The only ones who want to check my phone are my girlfriend and colleagues, to look up something in case their phone is out of battery. And in those cases, I just unlock it, close certain things and hand it to them. And even then I'm still next to them, so they can't and don't really do anything I don't want them to do.

jay2299

Just unlock via pattern. I also put some password in every important application. I also use phone jelly case and put tempered glass on screen. And i also have the anti-virus application. And I don't use my phone when charging.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views