Do We Have Recycle Bin On Smartphones?

stbrians

Recycle bin on computers normally stored deleted data for a definite time like 30 days. It happens we do not have this feature on smartphones.

Do you think we have them on smartphone?

Rob Reece

Nice question and this is a nice idea too!

By default, I have never seen a recycle bin on my smartphones. When I delete a file or uninstall an app, I could not get it back from a recycle bin on my smartphone. I only can reinstall them from apps store.

stbrians

stbrians
I thought it was something Phone producers should think about. They should increase their memory and introduce recycle bin. It qill be an added advantage

Dracindo

I think smartphones don't have recycle bins, because on the computer (for me at least) all files remain in the bin forever until I decide to completely empty the bin. Until then, my files aren't truly gone and they still take up a lot of space on my HDD memory. And smartphones don't usually have a lot of memory. Removing an app or file to a recycle won't clean your phone's memory space, it would just mark a file for deletion later.

Writing it down, I just thought of why a PC has a recycle bin: There's HDD memory for data, and SSD memory for apps. SSD is usually smaller, so when you don't need an app or big game anymore, you delete it and everything gets moved from SSD to the recycle bin on HDD, where you can still delete it completely or restore it later. Just a thought, there might be more to this.

joshy404

Recycle Bin on our PC only stores deleted files like photos, documents, and videos and do not include uninstalled applications/Softwares/program. Same goes to our mobile phone. Recycle Bin only exists in the photo viewer application of your mobile phone which gives you a chance to restore your deleted photos and videos.

Having a recycle bin for our mobile phone is actually a good idea but it isn't necessary. We can just reinstall the application and that's it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.