Can anyone recommend a good antivirus app for Android smartphones?

Huggypillows

Can anyone recommend a good antivirus app for Android smartphones? I just want my phone to be protected from any harm that can damage it . My phone has lot of important files.

Lazard

I don't use antivirus on Android but nearly every desktop one works on Android, Avast, Bitdefender, AVG etc.
I would personally suggest Avira, I never have any problem with it !

True North

I've tried AVG and it's good. It's user-friendly and you can also schedule regular scans on your phone. I use it on my two Android devices. You can always download the free trial version and see if you like it.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Maybe I downloaded a wrong version or copy, but I had AVG on my laptop and I had a feeling it didn't do anything. It just did the scans, told me which files were infected (which was right) and then gave me the option to delete/quaranteen them. It didn't do the last thing, I had to delete the files manually.

So yeah, it's a good one, but I guess I don't know how to use it properly or completely.
Maybe it's because it's a paid app and I have a cracked copy perhaps? I always used to download from shady sites back then. :rolleyes:

Martinsx

I have always used Avast anti virus for both my android device and my PC. It's the best for me ever since I started used anti virus software.

Avast has never disappointed me for once ever since I knew and used it to run my system protection against virus and malware. So, I would strongly recommend it for you.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Never heard of Avast. Can you tell me if it's a free to download app? And I mean completely free, meaning no 30-day trial or just scanning and nothing else. I also hate it if they force me to download additional things, like Bing and its toolbar that comes along with it. Doesn't have to be Bing, I just want to download an antivirus app and nothing else!

NiceMan

I try different anti virus app on my phone, but most of it failed me and feel disapointed from it.

However, I try and installed the anti virus app Avast a month ago and as of now, I'm still using it as my security for any kind of virus. I recommend it to you.

bernztein_22

First things that comes to my mind is Avast. It's very well-known as a trusted anti-virus for android devices.

J53772

I've been using cleanmaster for a long time now and so far, I haven't had any problems with it. What I like most about it is that aside from protecting your device from viruses it also has a lot of other features like cleaning out junk from your devices or boosting your device to keep it from lagging. Hope this helps.

Winn04

You can try Avast or AVG. I chose this for it has a good reputation when it comes to Anti-virus in Personal Computers. So I pretty assume that it works just as fine in your android devices. But I currently use the pre-installed smart manager in my Samsung Phone. My reason is that why a phone brand would install a security feature in their specific phone model if it is not the best security tool for it?It works great from the time I first used it up until now.

Annejk18

I'm also an Avast user. I strongly recommending avast for android. It's perfect anti-virus. Not just it protect your phone but also maximize it. My phones runs smoothly with avast in it. Try it and Avast will not disappoint you.

bleach123

I have been using the 360 Security for 4 years now with my Lenovo and Samsung phones and I have no issues regarding its capabilities, though I am not fond also of downloading too many apps. I always hear Avast as an anti-virus of many gadgets and I would love to try it soon.

sandraharriette

Can anyone recommend a good antivirus app for Android smartphones? I just want my phone to be protected from any harm that can damage it . My phone has lot of important files.

You might try the suggestions from TekThing in their security challenge series. I'm sure there are more advanced and custom options, but this is a start. I think I saw some of the recommendations in that video in this thread as well.

RoseKaizer

For me try Avast, it has a good fearures, and has a cleaner also, that prevent your phone become hang or lag, I try it and it works for me

Sheester

I cab only recommend avast and cm security. Though their feature is not different from each other \, they are still on top of my list.

Racky18

I already ask that same question to the technician who fixed a phone being bog down by a bug.Although my phone had an anti virus of which i do not want to mention it here out respect for those guys who try hard to create those anti virus.He said the technician to me frankly in the world of the hacker they can really create a virus which are more superior than any anti virus he further explain even though anti virus sometimes really protects you and your device but to only some extent you are protected.He said to me be careful in opening any online page,promo page some of which had a malware or spyware attach to it.

rlpzbeermoney

I've never installed or used an anti-virus app for my phone. I never see the need to do so. I think viruses affect computer operating systems but not mobile ones. My anti-virus on my computer has never detected any sort of virus from my cellphone in all my years of owning a smartphone to be honest. In my view, anti virus apps only claim to scan your phone only for it to be the same as those ram clearing apps. And even those apps don't work as advertised. They only serve to bog your phone down.

Jeedae

Avast and AVG has always been my all time favorite. With any of these, i've never had issues of virus on my phone. They both stop Malicious files from downloading. But if I would recommend, i would say you should go for avast antivirus because it is also free and protects you from malware and theft at no extra cost. It works well on Android.

Aeolos

I am an android phone user ever since but I have never installed any anti-virus application. There is really no need to as the apps available in the app store are all very clean. If you are only installing apps directly from the apps store then you are safe since they remove any malicious application in their app store very quickly. However, it just common sense never to click any dodgy links through e-mail as it is always some pishing involved. More importantly, Google Chrome have built in anti-pishing technology to protect you from this accidents.

KIRZZ

I tried Avast before, they have quite good reviews on the App Store but I decided to uninstall it because I think the app consumes a lot of battery. You should try it, but turn on only when you need it. It is not necessary to have an antivirus, you just have to play it safe and keep your security settings enable.

etopia

Suppose try China 360, FREE. more than 200 milion users frrom China.

ivandelrey

Some Android phones already have built in anti-virus installed but there are a lot of free anti-virus apps on the Play Store and I don't recommend purchasing one because I think they're a waste of money especially if you don't do stupid things with your phone like downloading from untrusted sources.

I recommend Avast! or Avira. Both free with other features. BitDefender too has a free version but their free version is only on anti-virus (no other features) and I think that's good enough for the average user.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views